Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings sheep,
ref the CTG piston treatment,i have had my new evo 6 (simon 7 extreme) pistons returned not treated.
it seems they are treated with an unknown (kryptonite ?) substance during manufacture that CTG cannot coat over.
So,i have decided to fit them as is, i will simply add a little Ready Brek to the oil to thicken it up a tadge.
I have also heard that salad cream is a good octane booster,but only the real stuff ,not own brand crap.

i am having steel rods made,once they are proven in my car,they will be available through Justin at Torque IC.
at a very attractive price.
Who knows,in years to come,when evos are like cossies are now,they may be affectionately known as CUSTARD RODS ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Custard

Sorry to hear they couldn't coat any of the 6 pistons :D

Can you confirm that these were standard Mitsubishi items? I wonder if 7 pistons are the same.

I prefer Quaker Oats myself. Have u noticed a difference between Hienz and Hellmans?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
std mits pistons brand new from co-ord,7 pistons (!) were not available for some time
the oil spray bars are also different again on the 7 ???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi custard
so does that mean the standard 7 pistons are slightly better from the 6? very interesting if they are.

The 7 runs higher boost than the 6 as standard anyway, so maybe that is why the pistons are different.

so when will custard rods be ready then :D maybe i should invest in some

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just custard i killed your budgie and eat it yummy and its shits like custard lol :D just thought of letting u know lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
custard u need help mate, u stressed out and is the wife giving u a hard time, chill out dude and have som red bull it will give u wings

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi custard i heard that u can also use salad cream to make your rod hard u ever tried that mate u ought too lol :D hahaha

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Moses - You will never understand. :D

Also, this is not a chat board. IMO multi posts like above are just a pain. They give everybody the idea that it is a hot topic and builds your score of posts, Master Member. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moses,
Please keep the chatty type posts to the Lancer Chat and Blah Blah sections. Leave the Technical sections serious as thats what they are there for.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
salard cream - dilute 1 part to 10 parts water, and (not for the squeamish) inject intravenously
do not cut with baking poweder or other substances
i seem to be running my car in a high boost scenario
keep forgetting to change down when i overtaking people
just silly, can go up the hill in top gear, just get the boost
night becomes day, southern cross points the way north
cryogenic treatment all the rage

u can buy 6 pistons no problem
rods i can get locally be interesting to compare prices
ralliart reccomend vr4 rods 450hp but heavier and need to be prepped

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JC
I heard the Omega Pistons are temperature treated as standard. I got a set for mi bike a while back so rang them up and asked if it was standard practice for ALL their products (cars and bikes) - They confirmed it was.
I also got the impression that I had asked a stupid question (like ALL Pistons are temp treated) or they could just have been laughing at the way I say coke.....
When will you have your machine back together??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No way, sorry Custard, I am not selling Custard Rods in my shop http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

you will be asking me to sell Rhubard Cranks next ....ROFL [img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

After chatting to Custard, we expect these rods to be approx half the price of HKS
and just as good !!! Combined with a decent set of pistons (which we need to sort)
you should (in theory) be able to run 2bar all day long !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my sister used to have vaxhall viva with an 1800 motor!
i managed to get it up to 110 mph down a steep hill
shortly thereafter its piston broke

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the 2.3 magnums were a favourite weekend car for us when kids,along with 1800 marinas.......and big engined datsuns
as long as they had a few days or hours of tax and test,
£50 between four of us on a friday night......they rarely lasted till sunday !!!
if only video cameras were around then .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts