1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello peeps, i`ll be the proud owner of this from saturday
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/stann01/fe_whitenumberplate.jpg
(hope the link works!!)
is there anything i should be looking for on inspection before i hand over my hard earned??
the cambelt has not been changed yet i think and its done 54908 miles,, what is the cost for service with cambelt change??
i hope i get some positive replies!!!
thankyou in earnest lol
sean............

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
cambelt should be changed at 45000 miles, if i were you id also change all oils in the car inc gear box, diffs, and ayc
id also have a look for any kind of leaks on the diffs and under the bonnet, read the buyers guide on the home page aswell

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for the reply,, the owner has all service stamps upto 52,000 odd miles, so the 45.000 mile service was carried out but could this or would this have included the belt change???

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes it should have been done on the 45,000 service unless it wasn't done at a 'proper' mitsi dealer. You are looking at around £600 to get it done so I'd make absolutely sure its had it. Get the number of the garage from the reciept and phone them up to make sure it was done, dont just take the word of the sales invoice.

If it hasnt been done I would recommend driving it home cautiosly and parking it up, I wouldnt use it again until I took it in for the belt.

As stated before, read through the buyers guide and it will tell you all you need to look/listen out for when viewing the car.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
AlBoy said:
a speacilist will change the cambelt a lot cheaper than £600 i would of thought i had mine and the tensioner replaced for £300
Think £600 is not just the belt chang but the scheduled 9k service + the belts and tensioners IIRC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts