Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I joined some time ago, back in 2009*, having grown up with older friends who had evo's I've had a succession of cheaper (not so) "fast" cars. Finally decided to take the plunge and purchase an Evo. Very pleased to have found and left a deposit on what I consider to be a mint Evo 9 FQ320. Will be collecting her next week.

I'm Midlands based and always try to get involved in any owners clubs as I think it's important to not just hang around forums hoovering up knowledge but to get out and meet other owners.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics to follow, I feel it'll only be right to put them up once I've collected and the current owner is payed in full but I'm just so excited I couldn't resist a post. I wanted an MLR owned car, I feel these forum's play a big part in helping people find genuine cars and make the right choices when tuning. I'm hoping to play with it a little bit once I get settled in to evo ownership :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Welcome from another midlands owner :smthumbup love a good 9

Reactions: shellis

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought it from Keith Rann who has the patience of a saint, Barclays decided to flag my account for fraud after using a laptop to transfer the balance. Resulted in a 2hr+ call to a rather unhelpful call Center. All whilst sat in his living room. After an 7am start and pretty much 4hr's of train and tube journey I think I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. But when did a good story ever start with a simple journey though lol. I guess it was meant to be as she's now sat on my drive. Having some real issues with photo-bucket, almost get a virus like pop up so going to try it on the laptop tomorrow instead. Damn technology!

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I bought it from Keith Rann who has the patience of a saint, Barclays decided to flag my account for fraud after using a laptop to transfer the balance. Resulted in a 2hr+ call to a rather unhelpful call Center. All whilst sat in his living room. After an 7am start and pretty much 4hr's of train and tube journey I think I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. But when did a good story ever start with a simple journey though lol. I guess it was meant to be as she's now sat on my drive. Having some real issues with photo-bucket, almost get a virus like pop up so going to try it on the laptop tomorrow instead. Damn technology!
Experiences like that picking up your evo make it more special.
You remember it more!
Let the bonding begin:)
She's home now,

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hello and welcome, congratulations on the purchase of your new car.

Do you have much planned for it?

Keep a eye out for the local midlands meets in the section below. We have some great meets coming up in the new year.

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
Welcome.

Lovely looking example you have yourself there. Start a new thread in gallery or projects section as love to look at people's progress.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello and welcome, congratulations on the purchase of your new car.

Do you have much planned for it?

Keep a eye out for the local midlands meets in the section below. We have some great meets coming up in the new year.
I look forward to meeting other Midlands owners, always been part of forums, my car plans were to get some polite mods on it such as decat/fuel pump etc.

But I've decided to hold my horses and keep it standard, I'll be booking an 18k service at C1-R tomorrow although it's by no means due. I'm very anal with my car maintenance so I need to start as I mean to go on.

I think maybe in the summer swapping the brake calipers for refurbished items and new pads/discs all round.

I really want to give it that feel of an immaculate car that has just rolled out the factory. I have a very clean base to start on!

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
Where in the Midlands you from?

Plans sound good, however I think the more you use it the more you'll want things added. It's a bug lol.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where in the Midlands you from?

Plans sound good, however I think the more you use it the more you'll want things added. It's a bug lol.
Yeh I'm sure there are bits I'll end up doing:smthumbup, I really want the 3 gauge pod from Ross sport to go in the dash and get digital water temp, oil temp and oil pressure gauges just finding it hard to find gauges I like! I'm over Solihull way not all that far from Jaguar/LandRover factory.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts