Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... thought I'd sign up and say hi now that I'm seriously looking...

Due to life getting In the way... buying our first house etc etc etc... I've been driving my 03 IS200 for about 4 years longer than I planned to!

Finally at the stage where I can buy something more interesting...

I've got my heart set on a white Evo 7 FQ300 but they don't seem to come up for sale too often!?

I don't really have a "budget" as such, I'll pay the right money for the right car!

How much are they worth/selling for at the minute?

Ideally going to be aiming for 400/400 pretty much straight after getting it unless advised otherwise... it will be my daily drive for the foreseeable (or until I convince the other half to let me buy an estate for tip trips etc) and I'm not sure how driveable 400/400 will be daily? Am I better of aiming for 350? Leave it at 305? I'm new to the world of evos and things that go bang when pushed too far!

So... who wants to sell me thier white 7 FQ? Ideally not fast and furious spec... no body kits or carbon bonnets... If I could I'd buy one bone stock but let's face it that's never going to happen!

Any advice appreciated!

Lewis

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
Hello and welcome to the MLR:cool:

I would avoid a 7 if your looking to run over 360bhp, unless your going to get a "rod job" (replacing the con-rods).

The 8's have stronger rods and are less prone to rot, though be wary of any car that's been in the UK for a number of years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rich!

I had no idea that the internals were different? I thought the only mechanical differences between the 7s & 8s were SAYC & 6spd?

That has kind of put me off... but I do still love the look of the 7s...

The only 8 I would consider would be French blue - Such a nice colour!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts