Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Forgive me if this has come up many times before, I did a quick search and it only found 4 topics so I thought I'd start a fresh one.

Been having a look around the site and on the autotrader, and was shocked at the prices of the EVO VII, soooo low!!! I could be seriously tempted at those prices.

My previous rides have been two GtiR's and an S14a 200sx.

I understand as with all performance cars the biggest costs are petrol, general running and service costs and insurance.

So in general whats the VII like on fuel, whats the insurance hit gonna be like (25 with 7years NCB) and apart from oil/filter/discs/pads etc any other nightmares.

Why has the prices of such a new model like the VII dropped so low??

I like it because of smooth crisp lines that arnt to 'in your face' and would keep the relitevely standard. But is it a turn the key and go everyday car or more of a weekend toy

Thanks for your time

Andy

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
All evos are expensive to run - fuel wise you'll get about 180 miles to £36 of SUL, or about 20 mpg average.

Insurance will be around £1500+ for you.

They have dropped due to not many people liking the VII's but mainly due to the amount of VIII models Mitsubishi keep bringing out, which seem to get cheaper with each model.

The car is an everyday or week-end toy - but they are expensive to run, and servicing is every 4500 miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those mpg's are better than my GTiR!!! And I was paying £1050 tpft on it and nearly £1k on the sx so thats ok to. I'm assuming thats garaged with a tracker?

As for servicing every 4500miles, is that Mitsubishi's guidelines. Does that just include oil, filter and airfilter? Is it recommended to go to a dealer or do many people look after their cars themselves?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
if you buy a gsr with ayc, that will need servicing at a dealer, because they need to use the MUT II tool to service it properly, which is also every 4500 miles

big service is at 45k miles, which is why you will see a lot of evos on autrotrader with 44k miles ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mike-turbo what does the 45k service entail, coz that is the milage on most of the vii's I've looked at!!!

phil ur R looks amazing, dont recoqnise it though, were u on GTIROC?

I think GTiR are the most expensive jap car going!!!! so owt is possible, lol. Shame there gettin old and we are all growing up!!! Sort of :D

As for mods, all decent jap mods are ££££'s but I've always just gone for zorst, filter, DV. Bit of suspension and brakes. Dont like raised boost one bit

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,518 Posts
didnt join gtiroc andy,maybe me not having a pc at the time had something to do with it :D Really underated car. bought mine for 5k,it was a black bin,spent 9k on it,then sold it for 6k :rolleyes: Evo will destroy gti-r on the twisties,so get it bought.I thought nothing would beat my gti-r till i had a go i my 6.Grin factor 10.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
andy

sorry, by big service i mean cambelts, and what seems to happen is people buy these cars, get to "the big one" find out it costs an arm and a leg and then flog it :D

so you would be better off buying one which says its had the 45k service, its something worth checking for

or a low mileage one if its within your budget

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks for all the replys guys, much apprieciated. No doubt I'll be nosing around on here for a while, as I still have to fix the tubo gaskets and then sell the 200sx.

I know what U mean about the twisties. I have lots of pals with GTiR's and a few pals with EVO's. We all went down this bumpy road one day, in each car. I couldnt believe how well the E6 N E7 absorbed the bumps!! The R felt like it would bounce off the road!!!

Oh and I bought my R for 6k, spent £3k on it, £150k in optimax and sold it for 2.5k :cry:

·
Premium Member
22,050 Posts
phil lloyd said:
Geordie andy...I had gti-r before my evo as well,(see car gallery) and to be honest i havent noticed any difference in running costs etc....they are both f=cking expensive :D :D I would say that mods are very expensive tho :( just buy the evo...you wont regret it :D :D :D
Same here, had a GTiR for 4 years, then an 1982 porsche 911 turbo for 6 months, and my Evo V for the last 2 years, MY evo is more modified than the pulsar, but I find the Evo far more reliable and cheaper to run, with better MPG also.

I thought I would never like another car as much as the Pulsar, but now I think I will never beat the Evo, O, and I hated the 911 turbo :)

Stu

And I only got just over £2K for my pulsar trade :cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts