·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Newbie needs advise :) HKS 3037proS

Hello

I started this thread some time ago when I frist got my Evo 6 GSR

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=185859

So far so good but i need advice as far as the power and my plans are concerned..Anyway I would like to know what are the limitations on the stock evo6 engine (rods specially) and gearbox.
My car has 83 000 km on the clock..

The plan is to fit

HKS 3037s Pro turbocharger
HKS turbular manifold
HKS external wastegate
HKS 3" downpipe
HKS f-con Pro ECU + 800 cc injectors + walbro pump
HKS full front mount intercooler
HKS Blow off valve

HKS 272 cams + adjustable cam gears

Can stock engine take the power the mentioned kit can put down?

Along with the other mods I will install full RS differencial + axels and Install Cusco twin plate clutch with flywheel..

My question is will this setup be reliable with just a change in rod-bolts? Or should I concider going fully forged bottom end? What is the max we have seen on stock rods and pistons? I mean it would be relativerly easy to add mentioned bolt on bits..

Regards
Markus

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You'll need to forge the engine imho that's if you want it to last. Just being nosey but is there a reason why you want to use the HKS 3037 turbo? the reason I ask is afaik it will only fit the hks manifiold and vice versa other kits seem to be much more versatile ie fullrace,ams etc.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Rods on a 6 will cope with up to 360bhp safely..... 400 bhp has been seen but is a very big risk to take. pistons are good for 500-550bhp but if your going to the hassle of pulling the lump apart, you may as well uprate the internals all together

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I have read so far is that this HKS complete kit should be one of the best quality kit in the market and its nicely made, meets ma power goals etc.

I did search this forum and found some good arguments from many users

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=30941&highlight=3037s

I was offered this kit second hand (turbo itself is brand new) from 20 000 km car.. (evo 6) and the price is quite good for its quality..

I did search before and the compressor inducer should be 57mm compaire to garret 3076 witch have 55in 55 out.. so its less like to surge IMO and it should have little more top end compaire to garrett what is rated to 550hp..

Found this thread.. seems that he is runnig stock engine..
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=20109

IF I would change the pistons I would go for 9.5:1 CR to get better spool and increase engine VE and run less boost and still get 500hp+

What is the CR in stock pistons?

Cheers
Markus

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there anyone else who can comment this setup. I am thinking maybe just to change the rods and put new pison rings. I think it will be quite enought for 500-550hp.

And what about stock valve spirngs. Can they take lets say 8000 rpm rev with 272 cams?

Markus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts