Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, just bought my first evo, its a 6 in silver. Got it as a replacement for my E46 M3, only picked it up on sunday so dont have many pictures yet as i need to give it a good valet and go over it all. I'm in Wilmslow if anyone else is local?

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,267 Posts
Hello and welcome to the MLR:smthumbup.... The E6 looks very menacing in that photo :smthumbup:coolsm:

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RSX
1,789 Posts
I was the one who was down tho view it on Saturday (for a friend) however he bought a different one Saturday morning. It sounded like the underside needs some work, I'd make that a priority.

Happy motoring :smthumbup

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was the one who was down tho view it on Saturday (for a friend) however he bought a different one Saturday morning. It sounded like the underside needs some work, I'd make that a priority.

Happy motoring :smthumbup
Its not bad at all tbh, he made it sound worse than it actually is. It does need some welding though so i am going to buy a a full sill off Ross Sport and fit that and strip all the old underseal off photograph it all for future buyers to show its solid and then reseal it all

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. Surprised how well the OEM Alloys off a VII suit the car.

Who's car is the VIII?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome and enjoy. Surprised how well the OEM Alloys off a VII suit the car.

Who's car is the VIII?
the 8 belongs to my mate, i was never really in to Evo's until i drove his a few times, i always preferred subaru's which i will probably be lynched for on here haha

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,267 Posts
the 8 belongs to my mate, i was never really in to Evo's until i drove his a few times, i always preferred subaru's which i will probably be lynched for on here haha
I take it you are now a converted Subi owner ;):lol::coolsm:

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,775 Posts
Its not bad at all tbh, he made it sound worse than it actually is. It does need some welding though so i am going to buy a a full sill off Ross Sport and fit that and strip all the old underseal off photograph it all for future buyers to show its solid and then reseal it all
thank god you said that - I thought you were just about to hear bad news :cry:

welcome :wave: :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RSX
1,789 Posts
To be fair Liam the seller was straight up when questioned and with it being looked after by CPP I thought it would be worth a look. It was also a fair asking price which reflected the work that needed doing. I'm glad it's gone to a good home. Get yourself down to a NW meet so I can see it in person. :smthumbup

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To be fair Liam the seller was straight up when questioned and with it being looked after by CPP I thought it would be worth a look. It was also a fair asking price which reflected the work that needed doing. I'm glad it's gone to a good home. Get yourself down to a NW meet so I can see it in person. :smthumbup
I finally managed to get some time to go over the car properly and get it up on the ramp at the weekend, it 100% needs a passenger side sill. the drivers side on isnt bad but the metal is weak and probably has another year left in it before its gonna start rotting through so the car is getting a pair of sills fitted. Apart from that the only other issues i have found is it needs a rear upper arm due to play in a ball joint, it needs drivers door pins as the door drops a little and main beam wont flick although flashing works so i think it needs a new stalk. Apart from that i cant find anything else wrong :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts