Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I am new to the forums and am looking for some help and guidance.
I am recently returned from a few years in the US and brought a car home with me.
It is called a Plymouth Laser and was produced in the US by Chrysler and Mitsubishi.
It supposedly has Evo running gear and an American Coupe bodyshell.
All that I know for certain is that it has a 4G63 engine turned the wrong way , is AWD and carries a 14b turbo. I need to do some work to the car (2nd gear synchro, upgrade the turbo {16g is common upgrade} and possibly convert to LHD).I am wondering if anyone knows if I can swap parts between any of the early EVO's and my Laser.
Thanks in advance
Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A DSM Laser.

The Laser shares running gear with the E39 VR4 except for the VR's 4WS system.

Yes - early evo parts can be used - 16g turbos and ex. manifolds, injectors, HKS cams,etc.

Suspension parts???
Gearbox - yes - but check ratios and part nos - I assume you have the DSM CD-rom?

I am breaking a VR4 with a few upgrade parts if you're interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you get me the CD ROM and I would also be intrested in any parts that are required to change from LHD to RHD. Thanks for the help, I didnt know if I was going to get shunned by the real EVO people.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can get the CD from http://www.mofugas.com for about 30 bucks.

I personally wouldn't attempt a LHD RHD conversion - just get used to it - it isn't that bad on UK roads - after a while you forget that you're on the 'wrong' side.

The front bulkhead will be completely wrong for RHD parts - a major piece of bodyshop surgery. It simply isn't worth the effort. You have an unusual car for UK roads - enjoy it - why not spend the money on tuning it to wup some evo ass instead!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car has already chalked up some victories against the locals (EVO 6 and an STi 7) but I am having overtaking problems on these narrow Irish roads. BTW my car had 533bhp at the wheels before I had it de-tuned for the UK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts