Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just registered (although been looking here for a few months!) and will be looking for an evo 8 hopefully in the not too distant future.

Been driving Tvr's for about 8 years and despite lovin them to bits have seen the light and decided that 2 seats won't do anymore when i've got 4 kids to drive about.

Evo is i think the only solution to balance my performance needs / practical requirements and after a test drive the other week thanks to Brighton Mitsubishi am looking forward to selling my amazing t350c and turning japanese!

Mike
 

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
Joined
·
14,541 Posts
Hi mate :D speaking of tvr's,is the chimera quick.....my next door neighbour has one w reg,and says its silly fast,thinks it might be as quick as my evo (ill have to take him out in it to put his mind at rest :D :D ) whats the bhp of a chimera and 0-60??? Would it really keep up with my modded evo or is he dreamin?? He's not really into racing to find out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
phil lloyd said:
Hi mate :D speaking of tvr's,is the chimera quick.....my next door neighbour has one w reg,and says its silly fast,thinks it might be as quick as my evo (ill have to take him out in it to put his mind at rest :D :D ) whats the bhp of a chimera and 0-60??? Would it really keep up with my modded evo or is he dreamin?? He's not really into racing to find out.
I've had two Chimaeras; 4.0 rated at 240bhp and 5.0 at about 340bhp. The handling though is not like a 4 wheel drive evo. The 4 litre was my first tvr and after that i got a cerb which was in another league but if your neighbours got a 5 litre then that will be a fast car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
cerbera8 said:

Been driving Tvr's for about 8 years and despite lovin them to bits have seen the light and decided that 2 seats won't do anymore when i've got 4 kids to drive about.
Hi Mike with your experience of these cars is there any truth on reliabilitly, dare i say it concerning the t350.

I,m looking to buy one in the near future thats all.

Cheers Norm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: Newbie coming over from Tvr

red baron said:
Hi Mike with your experience of these cars is there any truth on reliabilitly, dare i say it concerning the t350.

I,m looking to buy one in the near future thats all.

Cheers Norm.
Hi Norm

My personal experience of the t350 has been excellent in virtually every respect. Bought new, one of the first off the production line and besides a few niggles like rattles, and trim issues have not had any problems. I have now had the car over two years and spent nothing besides servicing and a sports exhaust.

There is still the question over the engine, which as you may be aware were a big issue on early speed six cars; older tuscans and cerbera (speed 6 not ajp 4.2/4.5). Some cars have had up to 3 rebuilds. There are few reports of problems post 2002.

regards

mike
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top