Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 4 new tyres & the geometry sorted yesterday at a rather reasonable sum, to think i was driving around with all the settings out by that much - im shocked..

Anyway the guys @ Powerstation - Tewksbury were brilliant, professional and guided me on what the best settings would be - highly recommend them !

I thought the car handled well before, i guess i could aliken the handling to velcro.:)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, my settings were out by a couple of percent on the rear right and front left = very unstable straight line mway driving and felt a bit skewiffy around corners - after the changes it feels more predictable and balanced in the corner, plus turn in is a whole lot sharper.. I wasnt sure what settings i wanted, the guys up there explained what did what and i went with a setting that i thought would suit the type of driving i do..

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Getting my geometry done this week when I get my Toyo R888's fitted. Will be the first time I've had it done since owning the car so am very interested to see what differences it makes :)

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
Penfold said:
Getting my geometry done this week when I get my Toyo R888's fitted. Will be the first time I've had it done since owning the car so am very interested to see what differences it makes :)
Hi Glen

You going for this year mate, new tyres and from some of your other posts sounds like you will be doing more track/sprints..... :D

I have my car done evey 6mth and yes it makes so much differance to your car, but as said as long as you say what you want the car do it can be done ;)

Lee

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Lee5 said:
You going for this year mate, new tyres and from some of your other posts sounds like you will be doing more track/sprints..... :D
Yes Lee I'm hoping to do a few track/sprint events this year. Need to make up for my poor showing at the Silverstone sprint last year ;) :D

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Wayne at AMS did ours & the difference was amazing. Will have it checked & adjusted with every set of new tyres from now on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts