Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from Boston MA.

I'm the lucky new owner of a CE9A Evo II in white. I'm desperately looking for alignment specifications for my Evo. Since the car was never officially sold in this country information is tough to find. I have adjustable top mounts and cusco suspension and I'm looking for turn-in over tire life, track fun, autocross etc.

If anyone can post the factory specifications here that would be most appreciated.

Alex

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just found the suspension guide on this website. It's great! One question though, since here we qualify our settings differently.

Some specs are measured as 1(degree) 00'

what's the meaning of the two digits with the apostrophe after them?

In the states, alignment is qualitied as

Front Camber
Rear Camber

Left, Right Caster

Front and rear..

I see that some popluar settings are

-1 front camber
-1 rear

what are good rear and front toe-in settings for a car equipped with adjustable height, preload and damping (meaning i have more means for later adjustment)

I am aware on front camber and the elimination of understeer but since it's a street car I don't want to go too far with it.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Try a degree of toe in at the rear and a degree of toe out at the front. -1.5 degrees camber on the front and -1.0 degree camber on the rear. I find this gives good turn in and is still good to drive every day. It should give you a starting point anyway.

The double zero represents minutes of a degree (60 minutes per degree, so 1.5 degrees would be 1 degree, 30 minutes)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Weebl!

Here's another pic of the cuscos.. can anyone identify this model? My shop is a cusco dealer and we can't figure out which these are. Sad, I know. :)

Also, one more favor from you gents..

who's a good parts exporter from UK? I'd like to start a relationship with one for future parts.

If anyone needs things from the US please let me know as I'd be glad to help.

Alex

Proprietor/partner

www.dentsport.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts