Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For info, i'm replacing my front disks (thankyou scoobymike) and was looking for some new pads. I use the car all the time and want a fast road/occasional track day pad with little or no noise. I’ve talked to Co-ordsport and there is a new Pagid compound available apparently (exclusively from them allegedly). I’ve been running the Blue pads (RS4.2) which is really a gravel pad. The Black (RS14) is the tarmac pad which can be quite aggressive on the disks. There is a new pad RS4.2.1 (or something like that) which is somewhere in between the two and has been developed for the Evo apparently. Anyway I've ordered some so will give them a go - should get them fitted with the disks sometime next week.

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Kevin

so I suppose you picked'em up? Great stuff, already curious about your experiences with your new brake combo. It's a nice piece of kit especially the red bell.

Let me know how you go on with them

Cheers

Mike

PS: If I always could deal with such decent blokes like you life would be much easier, thanks again for the mutual trust

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the rs 421 comes standard on a 6 pot set it s very good pad but it s more biased for street use than for track use if youre going for it on a track you will have brake fade in 5 or 6 laps

but street use it s one of the best pads available

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andre

have you tried all the damn brake pads on the planet or what? :) I get the impression you swap them every other day or so. Just send the ones you dont like to me! :D
So is the 421 thing new or not? Where did you get them from Andre?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scoobymike,

Appreciate the comment, thanks. It works both ways, you did send the disks before I sent the money!! Haven't actually managed to get to the depot yet, but it will be this afternoon/tomorrow morning. I figured if I didn't receive the disks I could start a thread on general discussion and everyone would join in and slag everyone off - that's the ways it's going on here at the moment!!

I'll keep in touch and let you know how i get on - although it sounds like Andre has already done the testing for us!!

Kevin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts