Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read the threads it would appear that the EBC reds I have just
put on my 6 are not going to last long.

OK guys aside from mitisi £320 per set what should my EVO be wearing at a reasonable cost.

The previous EBC set lasted 500 miles including one track day. Poor but then what do you expect for £85.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mintex f4R's last well. However they are noisy as hell, will eat the discs faster, as they are very hard and will probably melt the dust seals in your calipers. (mine have turned to carbon after a couple of track days). Oh, you'll need to change to decent fluid as well, to stop it boiling. they do however work very very well. Speak to allan at Dragon, or Allan at Questmead in Rochdale(Mintex Main dealer). I got the cut down ones from Dragon. Still managed to warp the discs, but still stops well. My advice is to save up some cash, and buy AP's. You'll regret messing about with all the other stuff, after you've spent a fortune to no avail.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not only AP offers a good solution also Movit which I use. I can only second Silver's opinion. Go for a full kit because you'll change numerous pads, discs etc and won't find a final solution. This will also save you some nerves and frustrating hours. You won't regret going for an AP or Movit kit.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy

For normal road use , I would suggest DS2000 @ £75 a set , for serious track day work use PFC 97c @ £210 per set nothing will stop you quicker !!

EBC isn`t even up to the job for road use in opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts