Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are delighted to bring you this fantastic offer on the very popular new EBC Orangestuff Brake Pads and new version 2 BrakeTech Performance Discs.

Complete Front Set
The brake discs are usually £221.98 delivered on their own. We are offering them at just £259.99 delivered with the new EBC Orangestuff pads. This is a saving of over £116! :eek:

Complete Front and Rear Set - FREE EBC ORANGESTUFF PADS ALL ROUND!

The brake discs on their own are usually £421.97 and the pads are usually £239.66. We are offering them at just £419.99 delivered. This basically means that you get the pads for free!

Fantastic discs and pads. :coolsm:

Fitment: All Evo 5-9 using Brembo calipers.

Strictly while stocks last.

Give us a call to order (all credit and debit cards accepted).

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Close up of the discs, stronger, longer lasting and quieter than "grooved" discs:

:coolsm::coolsm::coolsm:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Bob,
Are these for a road car?
I am a bit concerned about the EBC pads - I had some green stuff ones on my last EVO (had standard pads) and they were awful!

Everyone else,
Has anyone out there used this set up?
How do they compare with, say Godspeed Discs?

PHK.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi PHK,

You should never have fitted Greenstuff pads to your car so it doesn't surprise me that you didn't like them. Yellowstuff are the bare minimum for road use.

Orangestuff is their highest temperature range compound, comparing these with Greenstuff would be like comparing chalk and cheese ;)

Orangestuff reviews here:

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=413696

With regards to the discs, these dimpled discs will produce less road noise than a "grooved" disc and are stronger by design. As well as performing very well they also look very smart :coolsm:

More people will have grooved discs fitted as these discs are relatively new, but the industry experts for discs (Performance Friction) also use a dimpled disc for the same given reasons and have done so for years.

These BrakeTech V2 discs are really very good. :smthumbup

Our car here also has dimpled discs.

If you prefer Performance Friction .11 compound pads these can also be supplied as the same deal.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi PHK,

You should never have fitted Greenstuff pads to your car so it doesn't surprise me that you didn't like them. Yellowstuff are the bare minimum for road use.

Orangestuff is their highest temperature range compound, comparing these with Greenstuff would be like comparing chalk and cheese ;)

Orangestuff reviews here:

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=413696

With regards to the discs, these dimpled discs will produce less road noise than a "grooved" disc and are stronger by design. As well as performing very well they also look very smart :coolsm:

More people will have grooved discs fitted as these discs are relatively new, but the industry experts for discs (Performance Friction) also use a dimpled disc for the same given reasons and have done so for years.

These BrakeTech V2 discs are really very good. :smthumbup

Our car here also has dimpled discs.

If you prefer Performance Friction .11 compound pads these can also be supplied as the same deal.
Thanks for the reply Bob :)

The car had the GreenStuff pads on them when I bought it. I soon replaced them with PF front discs & pads all round...

Do you (or does anyone here) have any experience with BrakeTech discs that you are advertising?

Many thanks,

PHK.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing but good reviews:

pm bob he will get bact to u, im well impressed with the braketech discs i bought:smthumbup
They're a nightmare............. I'm constantly having to pick all my belongings back up off the floor after they've flown off the seats when braking :lol:
Easy to fit, no real dust issues so far, and they do the job better and better as they get some heat into them.

Brake technology has progressed since my first set of Mintex performance pads. You had to add an extra 20 foot to your braking distance when they were cold :eek:

With these Kevlar pads it isn't an issue at all :smthumbup

Very good pads and probably worth an extra 15bhp due to the confidence they give you in the braking zones :smthumbup

Speak to Aztec Performance and order them, I don't see how you could possibly be disappointed. If you are going to track the car then he can give you advice about better pads/discs but for the road you will be more than happy.
Hi all. Just fitted some new front brakes and pads to my Evo 8. Bought them from Aztec Performance, who were very helpful and knowledgeable. Got the Braketech mini grooved discs with the new EBC bluestuff pad. It has made a huge difference. They bite great from cold, Im getting no brake fade and no annoying squealing noises (which was one of the main reasons for changing them!) All in all am very happy with the setup and with Aztec Performance for recommending them to me:smthumbup:smthumbup

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics thanks to Samopangy:

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Still available?

It's time to replace pads and discs all round on my E9 fq360, your deal sounds perfect. Just can you confirm availability and how I go about buying them? Cheers

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's time to replace pads and discs all round on my E9 fq360, your deal sounds perfect. Just can you confirm availability and how I go about buying them? Cheers
Many thanks for your order :smthumbup

If you get a chance to take some pics that would be great :coolsm:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers for the help over the phone, as soon as they are fitted I will take some pics and post them.
You're most welcome. I look forward to seeing the pics :coolsm:

Out of interest, how much would the Orangestuff pads be for KSport fitment (front). Cheers
Just £128 with free delivery. PayPal to [email protected]

Just had my set arrive this morning...

Now waiting for some nice :lol: weather to fit 'em...

PHK.
:coolsm: :smthumbup

·
Registered
270 Posts
All,
I fitted the full set-up today (I'll attached some pictures soon).
I had the 'usual' problems with taking off the rear discs, but apart from that, everything went as expected :)

After doing this, I followed EBCs recommendations this evening:

http://ebcorangestuff.com/

So did about 15 stops from 60 or 70 down to 30 or 40, then another 6 stops a bit harder (but not emergency stops or anything close to that). Now letting them cool off over night.....

When I got back home, there was a fair amount of heat coming from the wheel arch area!

Also, the handbrake is now not so good :smthumbdo, so I will have to adjust the ratchet's down a bit on the rear discs :mad:

There is also a bit of rattling coming from the back off-side area when going over quite bumpy bits of road, so I will investigate that too.

I will report back once I have been out again after checking & adjusting all the points mentioned above.

PHK.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts