Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may already know but here are the specs for the 2002 Evo 7.

It will be called an Evo 7 GTA and will have the following:

5 speed tiptronic paddle change box
HID fog and head lamps
Choice of no rear wing, a small wing or a large wing
It comes in white, red, black, silver, dark blue and gold

Sounds interesting

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice one Jerry and well put, the next time my missus says i aint sure about that thing on the back i will quote you!!!! Oh have you any idea of the official launch date of the uk 7?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cars are currently in production in Japan and greys should reach our shores by late Feb early March, I have no idea on UK model dates.

Dave.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My initial feeling is OH DEAR!, Re the paddle change...'cos no one has got it right so far, including BMW or Ferrari ( most road-testers prefer a manual box for road use) and my own experience with a BM SMG was, magic down shifts, but crap lunging upshifts. Maybe Mitsu can do better....Cant help feeling a 6-speed manual would be more fun! Is this related in any way to the latest WRC spec, or is the road car now totaly irrelevant to the WRC spec?? I feel no incentive to change my manual 7.
As for a gold Evo7 without a wing, do you get a free Trilby to keep your bald-patch warm on the way to Sainsbury's?
Austin- 52 sans Trilby

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just noticed on the specs that the GTA has less power, less torque and weighs 100Kgs more!!

EVo 7 has 280 Ps, 382 Nm and weighs in at 1380 Kgs whereas the GTA has 272 Ps and 343Nm and is 1480 Kgs - How slow is the GTA going to be??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought this was targetted at the US market??!
If so, that would explain the Auto box and lower power (stricter emissions)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Look what they've done! When the EVO VII comes out you have to pay extra for the rear wing?!

Sad

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mike

Your first post was harsh, but very probably true!!

EVO VIII optional extras:

Rear wing
Engine
Brakes (that dont warp - oops already an option)
Wheels........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Adam, you're right. The option list will be soon as long as for a M3.

Have a good night

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mike

Never, I fell asleep before I got to the end of the M3 option list!!!

EVO 8 should be lighter, faster, meaner!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Silver Fox

Don't want to rain on your parade but ......... I would bet that the Evo 8 will be the same body, maybe afew minor spoiler etc changes and therefore no lighter. Faster? yet again nothing to notice because of the self imposed power limits in Japan (but maybe more potential for tuning). I would bet that the big feature will be a 6 speed box. And I would not expect it until Spring 2003 in Japan and May/June 2003 for the first UK cars.

But all the above is just my uneducated guesses ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts