Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's
This is the first time on this site and I'm impressed by the wealth of knowledge/advice/help for anyone interested in EVO's.
I'm in the process of giving up being cosseted by a boring 328 for the (I hope) raw excitment of an EVO7. What am I letting myself in for?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What am I letting myself in for?

... a very very fast life http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle > One magazine put it well the other week when they said that on a country dash, 'YOU choose the cars limits. On certain sections of road you just know that it will obliterate everything A to B and thats one of the reasons people own them.'

have fun, we know u will

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Jackal I'm sure I will!
Just so happens I read the same acticle that you refer to and like you say it makes you feel good knowing that the car has the capacity to shut down just about everything over a country road, but you know you don,t have to prove it.
Actually I tell a porky as I'm not totally new to EVO's, I used to have a 6. I came out of a Skyline when buying the 6 and when this guy took me for a rip down a B road I just couldn't believe how fast it could corner. Driving home afterwards I thought to myself 'if I'd tried that in the Skyline I'd have ended up in the hedge!' That one drive sold me on the car and I knew I had to get one.
Incidently can anyone tell me if there are any any changes between the 6 and amp; 7, and is there any truth in a rumour I heard that if you leave the car standing for around 2 weeks the battery will be flat (was told this by Ralliart)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top Gear magazine summed it up with the 6 a green lane exorcet , and probably the fastest means of getting from A to B . What superb quotes. Clarksson I presume.

I think you'll find any car with a bells and whistles alarm will drain the battery in a couple of weeks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy, agreed 2 weeks is too long to leave any car.

Worth checking you have the big UK spec battery (about 1 free space in tray). I have seen some pukker uk cars with the smaller Japanese import battery.

Also AYC (or is it ABS?) pulls shed loads of power from the battery just after start up. The workshop manual suggests removing the fusible link on the battery positive terminal if your battery is a bit low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts