Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My love of Evos started in 1999 when I was 9 years old - the first time I ever saw an Evo VI. It was a silver GSR on the front page of Autocar magazine, airborne over a crest on a track.

Me and my dad bought the magazine - neither of us had a clue what the car was when we first saw it.

I've still got the magazine today and, after 20 years, my own Evo VI.

I viewed a couple of other white TMEs before deciding on this one - one was at DCY - great original car, and the other was for sale by another importer that states (to this day) in the eBay advert that first to see will buy...

The car used to belong to MLR member _Stevie and was built by Auto Torque.

Here's a link to a write-up on Auto Torque's website including full spec: https://www.autotorque.net/our-projects/steves-evo-vi-tme-3877/

I'm planning on leaving it as is for the time being, except maybe to swap back to the original Enkei wheels if I can ever find the paint code for the pearl white.

John

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
Nice one, and welcome. Stevie spent a lot of time and money on that, surprised he’s sold!

Enjoy

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Hello and welcome, fantastic car and well looked after by Stevie as Mita has said. The car is one of the best :coolsm:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice one, and welcome. Stevie spent a lot of time and money on that, surprised he's sold!

Enjoy
Cheers Mita.

I have the paperwork to back up what you've said :eek:. Steve and Auto Torque really did a great job with the car.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's great, just ordered thanks!

Owned two Maks before the RS and loved them, guess that's why I've ended up staying with VI's so far. .:smthumbup
Damn. I don't have a copy - I missed a trick there :lol:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How come Stevie sold?

Literally the car needs nothing doing :)
I understand he's back in a Ford!

I think I'm going to swap the carbon-effect interior bits back to standard - personal preference - and fit a standard thermostat as well as it doesn't get above 72 degrees on the road (according to logs). The radiator and oil cooler are huge and the fans are set to cut in at a decent temperature so no concerns about overheating.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts