Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new Blitz FMIC for my V. after tunning it in a shop the Boost read 1.4-1.5 at max boost. is it normal? raised 0.1Bar at normal mode.

thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, was in a hurry posting that prev. message..
i just happened to purchase a new aftermarket Intercooler for my V, now when its with stock unit my car can archive 1.3-1.4Bar of max boost (from the reading of HKS gauge).
after all, with the Blitz unit installed. without reprogramming the EVC as well. the boost lev seems raised 0.1Bar for some reason. is it normal? i always got a weird feeling that ugh.. fuel cut soon.. not going to step any harder on the gas . or its just me worrying too much?
thanks for any input.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am surprised you can get 1.3/1.4 WITHOUT fuel cut
(although i know its not directly related,but you know what i meen !)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MAXI and I use 98 fuel, but the ECU cuts the fuel at 1,3 bars. This is with standard ECU, exhaust and air filter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm.. i am using HKS Hiper full system. EVC4 and FConV, uprated fuel pump with 550cc injector. guess this make a difference?
going to bring the car to gargage to see if need to re-tune in 2 weeks(stupid shop hard to book appointment here). should i go for low boost setting to avoid any harzard that might going to happen?

thanks for any help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I meant to say standard ECU and aftermarket exhaust and air filter.

I would never go for low boost if I could get more with the ECU

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright so back to the begining of the question so is it safe? for boosting 1.4 Bar or higher? i am awearing of my pistons and conrods..they're all stock unit.

and yes i understad FConV is capable of resetting fuel cut points, but with that much boost i still worries about my car.

thanks for any help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hehe, you didnt mention that first, but if you have an FConV, it will not cut the fuel. Boosting to 1,4 or 1,5 is ok, how much boost are you holding? As for the internals, they should be fine. However, a friend of mine blew his engine after 10,000 kms, totally stock. So I guess anything can happen, but normally wont.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts