Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently found a Evo for sale on eBay. The advert states it’s had 69k on the clock but some of the paperwork says over 101k and 91k. Mileage does not match up to the paperwork and advert. The car has had extensive mods including a forged engine. I can add one plus one on this however I don’t suppose you guys no more about this car?

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Some MOT testers put it in kms and some convert it to miles.

10100 kms is 60k miles.

Just convert the totals and if they match all OK.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,576 Posts
depending what evo at 60k miles or 100k KM it should be utterly mint with such mileage ,but its rare to find an early ,without 100% back up ,with genuine mileage MANY imports had considerable hair cuts once they landed here

these cars hide there mileage VERY well but 60k will be pretty mint these days

·
Registered
When I grow up I want to be a Regional Organiser......
143 Posts
Ask for the auction sheet. That will show the km's for when it left Japan. You should then be able to line up the MOT's. As mentioned some MOT's can be miles or km's. A little time with a calculator and you will be able to see if the clocks went back.

Another option is to put the reg up here. Someone might know the car.

·
Registered
When I grow up I want to be a Regional Organiser......
143 Posts
That's great thanks guys! The reg of the car is KT05 YZW. Tuned at Hayes Dynotech
So looking on DVLA, each year the mileage has gone up. Assuming the car was converted to miles on import, it has covered just over 10k miles in 5 years. You just need to check the auction sheet matches the first MOT. If so the issue is the testers not paying attention when entering the mileage.

So it had 60k miles on entering the UK and has cover just over 10k miles since import. A total of 70k ( assuming it was converted to run in miles on import.)

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I wouldn't bother too much about the mileage, buy on condition rather than mileage.
i would second this ,as most decent cars are imports ( once over a selling point was saying its a UK car not now ) .The mileage can be all over the place going off MOTs and swapping to miles upon landing in the UK.Then you have the many times engine have been out and swapped / upgraded so unless your buying a car with 20k miles on it the mileage becomes much less important.The only points to look for are general condition and to be sure no bad rust issues in known areas.So if your engine isnt smoking like a old bus and rattling its head off and not rotten then its a good start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts