Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i'm new on here and just got hold of my first evo, so be looking to pick up some advice and tips regarding evo ownership.

I'm a bit of a Honda nut to be honest but for a while now wanted to scratch the evo itch.

The evo i've opted for is one a little different to the norm being a 9 GT wagon with the plus of being a fresh import, Strangely I actually prefer the look of the wagon and have always liked a fast estate. I was looking for a do it all daily driver I can use all year round (although having looked at how clean it is underneath ive already decided I wont be using this winter!). The wagon ticks all the boxes for me plus I love its rarity factor! My current daily car to leave being an S2000.. practical for about 2 months a year so it's time for a change! :lol:

Here is the car ive recently picked up from Jamie at Evotune.

Its the GT model so 6 speed manual and RS rear diff, with only modifications being RS-R springs a 3" catback and a HKS filter, the only immediate plans I have for it are to replace/repair the window trims.. if anyone has any suggestions for the best method as they are looking pretty sun damaged. Then install a nice do it all double din nav, throw some rainsport 3s on and just keep it clean and tidy, as OEM as possible. Maybe later down the line look to edge up to 400/400 and a nice set of volks ... CE28s possibly, but there is no rush for that yet.

For those interested, I guess probably not too many honda fans on here.. I still have a couple of Hondas to my name to tinker with.

A 98 spec JDM Integra DC2 with fully built NA H22A7 engine swap around 280bhp revving to 9k

A 1999 UKDM Integra DC2 track prepped with K20A2 engine swap, this one is currently having a rotrex supercharger strapped to it for around 400bhp with the car at around 950ish kgs so should be fun :D

Along with a JDM Accord EuroR CL1 I just picked up for winter duties.

Looking forward to something a bit different with the evo!

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Welcome to MLR! You wagon is beautiful!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice car that wagon, spent a fair amount of time staring at it while having our 9 tuned. I also have a couple of DC2's and am planning a Rotrex for the K20 one so we obviously have similar tastes

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice car that wagon, spent a fair amount of time staring at it while having our 9 tuned. I also have a couple of DC2's and am planning a Rotrex for the K20 one so we obviously have similar tastes
No way! Awesome got any pictures of your Tegs?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Current daily driver

Stripped track toy

Also have a silver 98 spec with no engine I've had for 10 years rusting away at my mates unit that used to have a k20 in it.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice Tegs, I recognise both of those I think from the forums! Black one looks a beauty if its the one im thinking of. Whats your plans with them? Was after a silver one myself before, think its suits the DC2 well and obviously rare colour too.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
:smthumbup How you finding it in comparison from a Turbo Honda?
Love it, glad I made the move. My civic was B18C4 with a TD05 - 443bhp but the evo is a completely different ball game, hasn't got as much power but utilises it much better.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
That looks the dogs danglies :)

Love the wagons, and if i ever have the need for an estate i will be buying one!
Get a little thread going with updates.

Nice selection of Honda's you have also, love a fast Honda :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts