Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.....

hopefully a lesson for new Evo drivers

need some morale support...ticking off...slap on the chops....whatever....

I’m not a Max power boy...old enough to know right from wrong...but new car ..lots of power..some **** having a go....some near **** in the driving seat of my car...me!

I’m not one to put this type of car or its drivers into disrepute, as I am normally an upstanding member of the community (ish) with my own responsibilities that need a father, husband and stuff.

my wife was sat next to me! scenario set.

I responded to the primeval urge to better the man next to me.
not a good move with nervous wife (Nicky) in the passenger seat.

car skipped along nicely eating the tarmac in front of this Audi....it did not have a chance knowing my car....

I was not used to the amount of power in my hands or should I say under my right foot.

no real damage done...race ..(if you want to call it that)..won....wife gave me so much ****; it was unreal (understandably)!

I need some advice please on where I can get some worth while driver skills (advanced if required) on handling my car.....no need for the mental calm that is obviously required....as I have learned this in a very short necessary time.

Sorry guys and girls but I needed to confess.

It won't happen again......(for a while anyway)........

Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Paul

Firstly welcome to the Evo life, I doubt you are the only person who has been in this position. Be it a good or bad thing, these cars just induce that urge :) but we have to be sensible :( I guess.

One thing that may well help is to come along to some track days, there are always varying levels of drivers and instructors to take advantage of.

Why not come along ( with Nicky ) to a local meet and chat to some of us about this strange disease Evoness . We may make you worse :D but hopefully not.

Enjoy your car and learn it at your pace.

Rgds Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dark side cannot be resisted. Don't fight it. Give in to your inermost feelings...errghh ...help me...evo controlling me..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................give in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh ! the girlie Evo affair or should I say hatred,my ex ,mother of my child ,always winged about going fast in the evo,understandable she always knew when I wanted to have a pop at another driver.Call it intuition .
Best and honest policy is not to go fast with the wifey beside you ,no matter how frustrating it may be for yourself.Bite the bullet ,theres plenty of other days on your owm to nail a few hides .
Failng this my old favourite was . Sue watch this ! she always knew to hold on to some thing sturdy at this point usually my nuts,but after a while once used to the car it does subside a little.
never tell her what speed your doing ,if asked distract her attention to some thing more entertaining like a clothes shop ,or did she find the 50 th pair of shoes she was looking for.
Whats for lunch/dinner or supper often changes the subject quick enough to decelarate from 110 to 60 .
Finally theres a monster bar of galaxy milk chocolate under your seat ,do this one on a favourite bend ,at least then she won't be worried about the pair of horses that you had nearly ploughed into when mid corner.

Good luck and stay married

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys! :)

and i think the clothes shop thing would work a treat (constant diet thing...chocolate would not work)!

she has calmed done very quickly.......too quickly..........i know..... ..i'm scared too:D!

Thanks again.

Colie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stud (BTW tell me about that nick name ),

Didn't u know that when u buy an Evo the devil takes part of yr soul , mere road safety issues r 4 the little people , the Evo transcends normal driving , all journies become an exploration in2 your dark side , a test of yr resistance 2 temptation but u always succumb , don't fight it, revel in the majesty of it's all defeating performance as it crushes the feeble 1's ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speak to andrew walsh and amp; either do 1 to 1 fast road driving instruction for a day with him or an airfield day with him . Cost is between 99 quid and about 150 quid for a whole day.

His website is www.1stlotus.com (or might be .co.uk). Its not only Lotuses though, its just that if you use his car he has an elise with dual controls. He's a very very experienced driver and amp; could probably take on any car or proper racecar for that matter and amp;gt; I am doing an airfield day with him (just me, him and 3 other poeple and amp; an airfield) this friday. Cost |EQU| 99 quid.

Don palmer of www.driving-development.co.uk is a bit of a sideways god and a very good teacher but is not cheap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for your replys......

Better than going to church this!!! :) (well nearly...just in case the big mans watching)

look forward to meeting some of you sometime...when i can get away!

http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Colie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.