Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, what is the appropiate engine settle down period before really enjoying your new EVO VII car? I have heard 1500 kilometers or about 900 miles, after that, perform an oil change and then just race it :) some say. However, I wanted to know if there is anyone who actually have an answer for this question. I only have 300 miles on my EVO VII and I am earger to move it over 4,000 rpm :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was advised (by Warrenders where I bought my 7 and the guys in this forum) to change oil and filter at 1000 miles using a semi-synthetic oil. I kept the RPM below 4000 till then but didn't really push it very hard for a while after that.
I've done 2500 miles now and am getting to know the car better - it's truly awesome! I've moved from a 911 (993) which was a fantastic car, but the Evo is much more fun! I particularly appreciate it in the wet, when it's really rewarding to chuck it around, you can lay down so much more power than any other car I've driven. The trouble is it does tend to bring out the hooligan in me :D

I suppose much of the decision depends on how long you plan to keep the car, but I'd have trouble abusing a new car even if I wasn't keeping it more than a year or so. I don't know if there's any real objective data on how we should run cars in - there are those who say you should thrash them from day 1. They usually seem to be the ones driving company cars though!

I'd be patient and wait for it ...

Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts