Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alister McRae and Francois Delacour will be the new drivers for the Ralliart Europe team in 2002.

Lets hope the bring every success to the team in the future.

Brian
Mag Editor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A mediocre veteran and a mediocre newcomer.... must be a short term solution until they get a competetive car...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FTAO Michael K
Since you have little or nothing good to say about the latest Lancer WRC or the new drivers, can I assume that you will be supporting another team next year.

Personally I believe Alistair could be an excellent asset to the team - he has something to prove after all and has shown promise in many rounds in the Hyundai.

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
delecour ok but i have no faith in allister
his brother is one of the best rally drivers ever in my opnion

loix was bad too he can better sell belgian french fries:)

subaru must be happy with tommi.

watch this man sebastion loeb if i had a rallyteam this guy was driving in my team.

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have chased Francois Delacour before on the road in New Zealand,he is a really good driver and very fast.
I am happy he will drive Evo next year,but sad about Tommi,...:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't support any specific team, I support Finnish drivers. The 7 is far from the standard that Mitsubishi have had for years and, please, to call someone that has close battles and loses out to Armin Schwartz an excellent asset to the team is blatantly ott!! And he doesn't have anything to prove, he's proven already that he's an average driver, maybe a bit worse than Schwartz. Delecour, had his moments, but his career has been descending for some time. I still think Delecour will be faster than Alister, though, but these drivers are both not good enough for a title charge, the same goes for the car unless they can rebuild it fast enough for next year. Alister excellent asset to the team , lol...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Delecour is an arrogant bástard, all the people who know him told me that. His driving is ok though, obviously not the best but not the worst either.
About the person following him on the road: I would hope a professional driver leaves me for dead! (even a French one ;))

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Claudius,

Last year I was following solberg in the wrc, near sanremo, and I could follow without big problems:D!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wait till Olivier enters the WRC scene! If we succeed in getting enough fundings we'll drive the Monte and Portugal. He really kicks ass! Was faster with his GroupN at the Monte than A.McRae in his WRC. Speaks for itself.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Original Post:
The 7 is far from the standard that Mitsubishi have had for years
Give it a chance! I don't think even the most successful Evo version (V?) won first time out. A more realistic comparison is to judge the VII against the IV as both were significantly different from their immediate predecessors. The VI was the pinnacle of nearly 5 years development work on basically the same car, the VII is a brand new car (mechanical similarities with the VI aside) that has been thrust onto the starting line because of political pressure. Given the engine and drivetrain owe a lot to the VI and Ralliart's obvious expertise in designing and building fast, reliable rally cars I think by the middle of next year's season* we'll see a rather different Evo VII WRC.

I actually remember reading something about the Evo IV when it was launched in Japan, a load of complaints about it's extra weight, less extreme looks and increased electronic trickery. But just look at what 3 or 4 years did to it - many of you have the proof sitting in your driveway!

Hailing the Evo 7 as anything resembling mediocre should at least wait until a few rallies have passed, that accolade should maybe be reserved for their new drivers!

* Drivers permitting!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for your feedback MK

For clarity

Re - Something to prove

I would have thought Alistair has got something to prove given the success of his brother. Alistair and Hyundai have not been in at WRC level for long so Alistair joining a front runner such as Mitsi/ Ford/ Peugeot or Ford must give him an oppertunity. OK so the 7 WRC is not ideal out of the box but that goes for most new cars in the WRC scene as Chunky says.

Re - Asset to the team
I think I said Could be an asset to the team i.e. see how it goes after 4/5 rounds kind of thing.

Re - Average Driver
I'm surprised that you could call any of the WRC works rally drivers average. Alistair was putting in the same times as Colin when they were both driving the Impreza WRC a few years ago in the Net Q.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What's happened to Freddi Loix ?
Is he driving with another team ? He isnt that great a driver though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts