Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi as title i have just had my clutch done not sure weather they replaced a disk or put a full new unit in but it seems to be juddering a fair bit from low revs in first and when i change gear at low revs it judders for a bit.

The receipts for parts i got from the repair says it had a exedy uprated disk, exedy uprated m/sport cover, and a release bearing, do you think the clutch is still having problems or would this of rectified any faults on the clutch by having these parts fitted?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi as title i have just had my clutch done not sure weather they replaced a disk or put a full new unit in but it seems to be juddering a fair bit from low revs in first and when i change gear at low revs it judders for a bit.

The receipts for parts i got from the repair says it had a exedy uprated disk, exedy uprated m/sport cover, and a release bearing, do you think the clutch is still having problems or would this of rectified any faults on the clutch by having these parts fitted?
i have had the exact same problem, i had a new exedy clutch and flywheel fitted and when i first drove the car it was almost as if the dash was coming off, also got a lot of clutch smell no matter what sort of driving i did. have got the car booked in for a replacement clutch/flywheel at the start of next month. it did calm down a hell of a lot after 1k but is still not right. did you get the flywheel skimmed or is it a new flywheel?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have had the exact same problem, i had a new exedy clutch and flywheel fitted and when i first drove the car it was almost as if the dash was coming off, also got a lot of clutch smell no matter what sort of driving i did. have got the car booked in for a replacement clutch/flywheel at the start of next month. it did calm down a hell of a lot after 1k but is still not right. did you get the flywheel skimmed or is it a new flywheel?
Hi thanks im not sure what work was done i just picked the car up and was told it was all repaired, doesnt sound like myns as bad as yours, and my friend drove it today and said it was just a case of bedding it in, i can control it by applying more revs instead of 1500 rpm i give it 2000 from first and the car pulls away nicely it just seems very hard to drive like this

·
Registered
472 Posts
I had an exedy clutch in my 7, juddered and smelt awful. Solved the problem by getting a different clutch. It's a common problem with exedy organic up-rated clutches

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Did you guys adjust the clutch pedal accordingly after? as i've done a few changes to exedy organics and never had one issue apart from the initial smell when you first use it.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
ive got hks on mine only one problem with mine when you put your foot on the clutch it make a tinging noise but i was told the do that plus it bites very soon:smthumbup

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Flywheel should really have been skimmed or replaced, if the old clutch was slipping it probably has a hot of high spots on it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had an exedy clutch in my 7, juddered and smelt awful. Solved the problem by getting a different clutch. It's a common problem with exedy organic up-rated clutches
Had same problem exactly, stinking, juddering, drove crap. :rotz:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Exedy organic clutch is a pig to drive with... i seen it on another evo before and its heavy and very hard to use comfortably for some weird reason... twin plate is far more easier to deal with and holds lots of torque!

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Did you guys adjust the clutch pedal accordingly after? as i've done a few changes to exedy organics and never had one issue apart from the initial smell when you first use it.
I should hope so as it was done at rg motorsport on my old evo4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts