would be welcome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have a word with Justin(Yellow 5)
He did me a good deal on a Ap racing clutch
Very quick delivery and very helpfull.
just got to get it fitted now!

His email is [email protected] (hope you dont mind Justin)
His telephone number 01233 500384.

Duncan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy ,

Not much price differerence between an E6 and E4 standard clutch ,should get it supplied and fitted for about £400, inc vat an uprated clutch wont cost much more than this .Ap organic is a popular recomendation .If you have the fly wheel changed then add another big wedge to this .No real need unless seriously scored or warped.
Helix some have had problems with .
if your in the south go to Steve Hill motorsport based in Oxford area or M A Development in Maidenhead .
Dragon in south east ,Rc Developments up north and Ralliart in the midlands ,watch for high labour costs at Ralliart .{Only what I have been told }
£35-40 |PLS| vat labour ,I had my out and in in 4-5 hours .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard of clutches going as early as 3000 miles but can last 30k miles and a lot more, it all depends on how the car was driven. I am on 27k miles now and my clutch is still hanging in there although I have the sneaky idea it won't make it to 30k miles.
I was speaking to a mate the other day and he knew someone who has been driving for years but never needed a clutch simply because he never uses it! Clutchless gear changes are a bit of an art form though and you have to know the the car well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh btw Andy, tell your Mits dealer you can get the Clutch fitted for £xxx less than they quoted, you will be surprised how the pounds fall off the quote.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clutchless gear changes HH6 :D

No matter how well you know your car, Id say youd need a new gearbox nevermind a new clutch if you done that ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wear on the clutch whilst changing gear once on the move isn`t the problem , its down to how you pull away from stand still , ie how much you slip the clutch / rev the engine when performing a quick start which can destroy the clutch prematurely.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jon,
You just need to get the revs EXACTLY right in order to change without the clutch and thats the art form, do it right and you don't notice the difference between it and a clutched gear change, do it wrong and it's wincing time! You wouldn't catch me doing it http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Daved6,
Exactly, it's how the car is driven that dictates clutch wear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.