Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys...pop quiz...

new evo 6 coming Monday. Any tips would bve greatly recieved that are simple(cheap or free) that i can carry out that will improve the car in any way out of the crate?

Dont want to be unbolting or bolting on too much as it is a contract hire car and they won't like that much. ( if i tell em)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got one of those, shes not all that chuffed with me choice of motor, but she drives like a loony herself . maybe once she has driven the car she will row to like it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could place a Ralliart filter in the std box and raise the boost a little (small restrictor mod) and take out the grommet. The filter is something like GBP70, the rest is free to do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds interesring. How do i mod the restrictor an where is the so called grommit. Would appreciate a little more detail please. and what sort of difference would these mods make?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just go out and drive it. Run it in carefully, bed in the brakes - no sudden braking etc - and once you begin to open it up start thinking what to do about making it quicker. If you start day 1 you won't know how much difference it has made! Hope you enjoy it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chinka,
Welcome to the club, as Simon says run it in and at 4500 miles look at your options .Many on this forum can help you to achieve the best performance within your budget.Have a nice day:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chinka

I explained this a while ago. Try the search function. If you dont find it, I'll find it for you or send you a mail.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Claudius,

Are you selling parts for ralliart?
After ordering a front ralliart lsd to replace the rear ayc, now you tell to everybody to fit a £80 filter in the standard airbox!!!

Did you find another pigeon in the blitz filter?

Don't lissen to him, he used to have fuel cuts when he replaced the exhaust for a week before I told him to replace the grommet:D!

When you want more power, fit a boost gauge and then buy a complete exhaust that will really give you 30bhp, a new intake kit as hks or blitz and set the boost to 1.2bars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When you've run it in and you want confirmation that you've chosen the right car, floor it in 2nd and I guarantee you will have a smile right across your face!!! All I've done to start off with is fit a full Superdragger Exhaust and air filter and that really does improve the performance, you can then fit other bits as and when. You'll love it, Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As Maxi says DON'T mess with the grommet or restrictor unless you know what you are doing and have the means to measure the boost level (sound of me slapping Claudius about the face saying 'I told about this before'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Take the interior, seats and spare out. Won't cost a lot and will make the car lighter.

Sorry I had to say it. Not that practical in a car you don't technicaly own, however you may like living on the edge.

I am so envious.

Cheers
Lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ouch! I put it back, HH6, I swear! LOL
Waiting for the HKS Camp, after that I can send you Mbs of data, you techhead. Dont read too much, keeps you from driving! ;)

MAXI
the guy was asking for CHEAP mods, not spending thousands of GBPs. That's the way I understood it anyway, but hopefully blade or droid could teach me some English (and physics and driving! :D)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts