Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basis of the next Evo 8?

Hmm, I've heard a rumour that the Evo 8 has been announced in Japan, this must be the platform for it.

www.2002lancer.com

Cem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That thing and the 7 look too 2 dimensional. You know what I mean ? A big bit on the front and a big bit on the back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All I hear about is rumours of an E8, or even an E7.5. Cannot find anything in the Jap motor press about them.

Cannot understand the logic of changing the current body shell. They have just spent a fortune to develop the WRC car on the 7 shell. The whole reason for the Evo's is to match the rally cars. I am sure that Ralliart would not want to start developing another shell for a year or two yet. Therefore, I think it is unlikely that this will be used as the basis of a new Evo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm guessing that this is for the American Market so lets not jump to any conclusions....

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looked at the website. It's the same bloody car as the E7! Or am I missing something? I have drunk copious amounts of alcohol!

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Folks
This is indeed a 2002 Lancer/Cedia which the Evo 7 is based.
How can such ugly beginnings provide such a nice looking Evo?
This car will be launched in The States soon and I am told will arrive in The UK next year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is indeed the US spec Lancer.
Here in Japan there have been roumours of an Evo 8 and also a 7.5 Nothig is certain obviously as its all mostly magazine speculation. What have been going round are pics(made with good old photoshop) of an Evo 7 with more agressive looking bumpers and skirts and talk of a GDI engine together with a 6 speed 'box....

...believe what you want...I prefer to wait and see:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts