Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14,964 Posts
im looking to get one of this,looked around but didnt get all the info so i need some advice from expert users.
When you buy lc-1,do you get everything you need or you have to buy some other bits,and which way does it come.And also do you connect to your laptop by usb or some other way,i couldnt make it out by looking at pics.
Which way are they installed,is it permanent install,or only when car is being tuned?
Im still in doubt beetwen lc1 and aem uego since noth of the are laptop compatible.
thanks phil
LC-1 comes with everything you need to fit it for a permanent install, although some minor soldering/rewiring and tapping and welding the boss onto your downpipe/decat may be required depending on what you have there already.

It comes with standard 9 pin serial out (male) so if you don't have serial in on your laptop (like me), you'll need a serial 9 pin to usb adapter, these can be had for £5.

LC-1 can be permanently installed or temporary install, but you will need something to hold it in the tail pipe if temporary, innovate do a pipe for this.

· Registered
14,964 Posts
thanks for that younsyr.
i never asked how do you power it up,is it tru usb cable or do you have to join the wires.i watched the inovative video,but didnt realy make sense to me:wallbang:
It needs its own power from a switched ignition source as well as a decent earth connection.

Mine takes switched power from behind the stereo and has the four (yes four!) earths connected to a chocolate block which has one dedicated and larger earth wire coming out the other side that is directly routed to the battery.

I know some people who have just wired both the power and earths from the cigarette lighter with no problems though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.