Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Just wanted to know if there are any known boost/oil pressure gauge sets which can be bought and fitted to go in the slot under the stereo on an evo 8.

I think the MR series came with them as standard, not sure. But if this is the case i would like to get a set, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. I would rather get a set of gauges which are inline and so i can keep the car looking quite standard. I dont really want a pillar pod, etc.

cheers

ric:mitsi:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi,

The standard gauges have volt/oil temp/boost, they were standard on the IX 360 as far as i know. I have the same set, like you purely because they fit neatly in the din slot and kept the car standard looking.

There have been a few sets for sale on here lately, use the search function to find them and pm the seller if there is no indication on the thread if they have been sold or not.

Hope this helps,

Nick :smthumbup

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ultra quick replies:smthumbup

Yes them little babies in that link would definatley be the ones im after.

Although i would prefer boost pres, oil pres and oil temp, them ones would still do as they would slot in nice and they display the main thing i wanna keep an eye on boooooost!

thanks again guys, and il have to keep an eye on the for sale section.

:mitsi:ric:mitsi:

·
Registered
580 Posts
No worries, they are us spec for LH drive as i see the gauges are the other way round. If you go for them make sure they come with all the wiring kit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah just noticed they dont come with the full kit. but i think il wait for a UK seller to come up with some for sale. cheers anyway, at least i know what to look out for now.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
yeah just noticed they dont come with the full kit. but i think il wait for a UK seller to come up with some for sale. cheers anyway, at least i know what to look out for now.
If you have any plans to mod your car, I would hold back on the standard Mitsi gauges as the boost only reads up to 1.5 bar, when most tuned Evos will run 1.6 to 1.7 bar even on standard internals.

If money is no object, check out the ralliart single din gauges, these have two temp gauges and a boost gauge reading up to 2.0 bar. They ain't cheap though!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
If money is no object, check out the ralliart single din gauges, these have two temp gauges and a boost gauge reading up to 2.0 bar. They ain't cheap though!
I have these fitted and like youngsyr says, they aint cheap but certainly look the dogs nuts :coolsm:

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Think of it as an investment, in two years time they still will be worth almost as much as what you paid for them, and I doubt you'll have much trouble shifting them.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Think of it as an investment, in two years time they still will be worth almost as much as what you paid for them, and I doubt you'll have much trouble shifting them.
Exactly, and considering the X has been launched, I'd imagine Ralliart has ceased production of these.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts