Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
before i smash this laptop, someone help me. Today I somehow got a program opening up, which has an icon on my toolbar. It's a small shield in the red/green/blue/yellow colours. Looks like a windows thing. It keeps opening saying i have spyware/malware/trojans etc on my laptop. It then opens up a window and does a scan on its own listing loads of trojans/worms etc/ on my pc. Ok, so it tells me the name of them and where they are. A quick look myself, and I can see that no files of that name exist. problem is, unlike every other icon, I cant right click and exit or delete etc. It's just permanently there and driving me nuts. How can I get rid of it?
Oh, forgot to add, the window that opens up looks slightly as if its out of focus, blurry even, not the nice clear defined window you'd expect. Now I reckon some people would worry and pay the fee to have the system fixed as it appears to be called XP Internet Security 2010

How do I do a screen shot of it?
Cheers

·
Registered
147 Posts
never seen MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) before though so not sure how reliable etc it is.... im sure you can look around online and find more info, the main thing is XP Internet Security 2010 is baadd apparently

·
#armchairtuner
8,722 Posts
Mike I had the same issue last year, it is designed to look like Microsoft Windows program but if you remove it it just reinstalls itself. The only way I got rid of it after trying several other programs was to install Norton Antivirus and that did the job.

·
Premium Member
MLR Regional Organiser South London (ish)
3,544 Posts
How do I do a screen shot of it?
Cheers[/QUOTE]

Press the ' Print Screen __ SysRq ' button

:smthumbup

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solaris, you are a star! Followed the information and sorted. Now I can see how some would fall for that hard sell but surely that is illegal. ?? I won't use the word I am thinking for people like that!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I had this last week. Download Malwares and install it. Once installed download the latest update and then run a quick scan on your PC. It should remove it.

If you dont do the update the spyware will reappear the next time you reboot.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Solaris, you are a star! Followed the information and sorted. Now I can see how some would fall for that hard sell but surely that is illegal. ?? I won't use the word I am thinking for people like that!

Thanks.
No worries glad its all working now :smthumbup

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
Any further problems Mike and I'm sure I can get my wife to sort you out! Seriously though, she knows how to sort out viruses with stuff like Malwarebytes and AVG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts