Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting my old plate "r8 cev" made for my new car but want it how my evo had it, as in "r8ce v".
nobody will make these spaced as i want, anyone help?

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I thought most of the internet based companys did it and got round any legalities by stating at the time of the order that they were for 'show use' only?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I ordered mine from no1showplates last Thursday and they arrived Friday morning. They'll do them how you want them, mine 'should' read G11 BDY but now reads G11BDY (my surname=Gilbody) :D

·
Life after Evo= Elise
15,492 Posts
I ordered mine from no1showplates last Thursday and they arrived Friday morning. They'll do them how you want them, mine 'should' read G11 BDY but now reads G11BDY (my surname=Gilbody) :D
Out of interest how much did you pay ?for the pair ..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hell mate...

You run the risk of being pulled over by the rozzers all the time if you go for the spacing.

I had a similar "spaced" plate on my 911, legal font (and size), was pulled by the police few weeks back, patronizing lecture in the back of the car for 30 mins, told to replace (avoided the £40 fine), cost another £20 for new plates and £10 for MOT station to stamp the form, send back to cop shop.

during the time I was awaiting the plates to arrive, was stopped another x2 times.....

I hear they are cracking down on illegal plates as more and more of their cars have the number plate recognition systems installed.

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts