Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My front tyres are getting low and will need replacing soon - the rears are fine. The tyres all round are the standard Yokohama C-Drive tyres which I assume are the factory fit option.

Are they a good tyre or will I get a bigger benefit from changing all four tyres and getting something else?

Normally I am a fan of Goodyear tyres and had Asymmetrics on my previous Honda S2000 and they were awesome (even went round the Ring in them) but I also had them on my BMW 330D and they were to be honest "sh*t". The grip was there but the side wall ws just too soft and the whole car just felt soft and "mushy" (if that makes sense). I changed over to Verdestein Ultra Sessanta tyres based on the fact that I had these on my (close to) 400bhp Toyota Aristo and they transformed the BMW - much better tyres.

Now I know on Evos the Goodyears are highly rated but my mixed experiences have put me off them.

I have really been impressed with the Verdesteins on both the Aristo I had and on my BMW 330D so I am tempted to try them on the Evo or should I just get a set of front Yokohama C-Drives and be done with it?

The car is a road car, not a track car.

Thanks for any advice.

Anees :D

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So no one has any opinions on the standard Yokohama C-Drive tyres compared to others they are have tried on an Evo?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Michelin pilot sport 2. :smthumbup
Really fantastic tyre on the roads:smthumbup
you would need to be careful mixing tyre types as the evo wont like that:goingmad::eek:

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
had the c drives but rate them behind mich ps2, f1 asymetric and hancook ventus evov12.they are a better road tyre than ao46,t1r and re050 imho:smthumbup

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I've just bought a set of the Verdestein Ultra Sessanta on recommendation of camskill, they are comparable to the f1 asym's but nearly £40 a tyre cheaper at the moment.

I'm replacing a set of falken fk452's, 2 are shot other 2 only a few months old.

Mine are 235/40/18's by the way

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They on the car yet mate? Any opinions?

I have also had Falken FK-452 tyres on my BMW and to be honest I found them great, but obviously the Evo is a totally different animal.

If I were to change brands of tyres I would get all four changed.

The Michelin PS2s I have had too (lol! But again not on the Evo) and they were good too.

Normally I'd go Goodyear, but my bad experience in the past (and a few other bad reports) had made me wary of them.

My thread:
http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=4185

Thanks

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
the vredesteins turned up today, will be getting them fitted sometime within the next week

452's were ok, but i never got chance to 'push' them, the vredesteins are on offer so i decided to change all 4 having heard good things about them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts