Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, i hava an evo 8 european model.
I recently installed new cams, and when i went to start the car the engine light came on and the car was not working, it stall and misfire.
I checked the error and the error was code P0340 wich is the camshaft position sensor.
Anyway i bought a new one, tried and the car did the same, and same error. I then put a camshaft sensor of an evo6 of a friend of mine and the car started fine, went out for a drive and all was good. My thought was that the new sensor was not good.
Bought an other new original camshaft position sensor, and the car didnt start again, with misfires and the same error code!! Too faulty new sensors seemed impossible! So i put the new sensor in my friends evo 6 and his car works and drives fine with no issues, put his old sensor in my car and my car works fine too...
So moral of the story, my car only works with my friends evo 6 sensor and does not work with new ones.. what this could be? It is starting to be a nightmare! Can someone please help me? The car had the timing belt, and tensor done too, and new spark plugs.

Sorry for my english. And sorry for the long text!
Cheers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes thats what we did. :)
But my consern is if this one fails, then what do i do if the new ones dont work on my car.. it must be something wrong with my car

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Hi there, i hava an evo 8 european model.
I recently installed new cams, and when i went to start the car the engine light came on and the car was not working, it stall and misfire.
I checked the error and the error was code P0340 wich is the camshaft position sensor.
Anyway i bought a new one, tried and the car did the same, and same error. I then put a camshaft sensor of an evo6 of a friend of mine and the car started fine, went out for a drive and all was good. My thought was that the new sensor was not good.
Bought an other new original camshaft position sensor, and the car didnt start again, with misfires and the same error code!! Too faulty new sensors seemed impossible! So i put the new sensor in my friends evo 6 and his car works and drives fine with no issues, put his old sensor in my car and my car works fine too...
So moral of the story, my car only works with my friends evo 6 sensor and does not work with new ones.. what this could be? It is starting to be a nightmare! Can someone please help me? The car had the timing belt, and tensor done too, and new spark plugs.

Sorry for my english. And sorry for the long text!
Cheers.
what were the cams off? The cam sensor trigger is different on 4 to 6 and 7 to 9. Could the cams you fitted have been intended for a 4 to 6?

Stu

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
what were the cams off? The cam sensor trigger is different on 4 to 6 and 7 to 9. Could the cams you fitted have been intended for a 4 to 6?

Stu
Actually forget that, if the trigger wheel fitted, the sensor should be right....I think

Stu

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the replyes guys!
The cams are GSC S1, and they fit correctly on my car.
The reference of the sensors are the same from evo 4 to 9. The sensor its exacly the same!
Its really stupid lol
Thank you again
:)

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I had the exact same problem last time I had my engine out same fault code the lot problem started after I changed the cams it just would not fire it would try like it was out of fuel but nothings an kept getting fault code cam sensor had a spare another engine change it still exact same and like stu said I had forgot like a div to put the trigger wheel back in at the end of the front cam where the sensor is there should be a piece of metal that looks a bit like a big bottle top make sure that is sat in correctly mine fired straight away .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts