Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a Evolution 8 FQ 320 MR.
Cars registered 2005 but its a 04 plate
Heres the service history : ~
8.6.05 = 983miles
21.3.06 = 5002miles
21.2.07 = 9030miles
09.01.08 = 13273mile
11.11.08 = 17695miles
10.11.09 = 21075miles

The previous owner has owned it since the last two services intervals but rarely drives the car.

Im looking to get the car serviced, but i dont know when shall i do it.
Judging from my service history, when would you advise of my next servicing and how much will it be please.
Heres the whats been done in the last two services.
Both been done by Roger Clark motorsports
C Service
Oil filter
Sump washer
Air filter
spark plug
5.1 brake fluid
silkolene Pro S

D Service
Oil filter
Sump washer
Air filter
Sundries
BOA 90 L/S Diff
Castrol syntrax
Silkolene Pro S

So far i had quotes and advice from two places. Mitsubishi in Yeovil & and Norris told me to get it done on 26k for £190 + Vat.
But another Tuner told me that it needs a 45k service £499.

Overal im not too concern of prices but yet im just eager to know WHEN shall i get it next service and what TYPE of service it requires.
Any info much appreicated.
thanks

·
Premium Member
8,869 Posts
Service interval is every 4,500 miles. Looks like previous owner has stuck to the recommended schedules.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Service interval is every 4,500 miles. Looks like previous owner has stuck to the recommended schedules.
Nope, previous owner hasn't stuck to the schedule. Its every 4500 miles or 6 months which eveer is up first.

Going by the age I think it is time to get the service that includes your cam belt change mate. ie the 45k/5yr service. You don't want to risk a belt snapping for the price of a service.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car nearly done 23k so it would require a cambelt change that soon ?
Sorry im a complete newbie when it comes to the evo servicing requirements, but obviously im willing to try and maintain it to the best that i can.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
The car nearly done 23k so it would require a cambelt change that soon ?
Sorry im a complete newbie when it comes to the evo servicing requirements, but obviously im willing to try and maintain it to the best that i can.
Affraid so mate, mitsi recommend the belts should only do 5 years or 45k miles which ever occurs first. It really aint worth risking a snapped belt, best covering yourself :smthumbup

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was last serviced at 10.11.09 @ 21075miles. So when is it next i do the 45k service, on 25k mileage / 1/5/10 which ever comes first ?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Affraid so mate, mitsi recommend the belts should only do 5 years or 45k miles which ever occurs first. It really aint worth risking a snapped belt, best covering yourself :smthumbup
thanks for helping out :smthumbup
I also read somewhere that while you change the cambelt it is best to change the waterpump aswel. Is that only required when you change the cambelt for the second time.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
it was last serviced at 10.11.09 @ 21075miles. So when is it next i do the 45k service, on 25k mileage / 1/5/10 which ever comes first ?
Go by when the car is 5 year old and you'll be ok. So I would guess if it is an 2005 you are looking at round about now.

thanks for helping out :smthumbup
I also read somewhere that while you change the cambelt it is best to change the waterpump aswel. Is that only required when you change the cambelt for the second time.
I haven't heard of changing the waterpump at the same time... thats a new one to me, sorry can't help there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts