Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blade need advice mate, i thought the evo 4 had the same engine as the evo 5 and 6, i have an induction kit full exhaust system decated and an fse boost valve, boost sometimes 1.2 sometimes comes down, but john evojkp had only a full exhaust system and induction kit he was putting out 337 bhp and me only just under 300 how come, pls need help i cant get over it lol :D, i need extra torque and bhp.

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Moses

I thought your car was a special edition, and running more power?
Anyway to answer your question, yes the 4/5/6 are the same engine, but with each evolution, improvements
have been made to the engine.
Internals of the 5/6 are stronger, they have more advanced ecu's and I believe they are also running different
turbo's.
Their std torque is also higher than the 4's.
Anyway what did your car put out bhp/torque?

Tony:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moses

There can be a great deal of difference between exhaust systems and induction kits. In fact, the wrong stystem can mean you loose power. You say you are boosting 1.2 bar - at what rpm? For torque you want mid range boost. It is possible that John is boosting higher than 1.2 due to the efficency of his exhaust and induction system, although he might experience fueling problems.

I don't mean to have a go, but with only 300 bhp, how do you manage to get a 0-60 time of under 4 seconds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do you manage to get a 0-60 time of under 4 seconds

I seem to recall it was a combination of a stopwatch (human controlled), a standard speedo
(high error), extreme optimism and wishful thinking. Am I right Moses? ;)

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The EVO4 has the same head and block, but pistons, cams, intercooler, ECU and injectors are different - to name but a few parts. That sounds like a good power reading for the mods you had on a IV. The FSE regulator may actually result in you running too rich (i.e. overfuelling) which could cause power loss. Don't be too upset - sounds reasonable. Have you still got a restrictor in place? The other guy maybe didn't. Get the car properly mapped. A bigger intercooler and uprated cams would help too. You could get a set of E6 cams really cheap, and that would give a nice hike. I have a cheap set if you want them :D

Loads of guys bought Pace intercoolers recently, so try and get one of their old ones cheap.

Get an ECU if you are intent on big power or even just getting the most out of your engine. You should be able to run 1.5 bar with stock internals quite safely.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks a lot for the advice guys God bless ya all, yes blade how did u guess i still have a restrictor honest ask evojkp i do, would that restrict the power coz i only thought it restricts the speed upto 112 only, i have ordered the kit ,yes guys i did time it under 4 secs haha why dont u come along and test it yourself lol, maybe it was a stopwatch error i dont know, and it beats the evo 6's in glasgow anyway :D honest, but take off is bad before 3000 revs, so blade those cams would they help a lot and how much mate gies a good price not like the price of that spoiler i wanted of u 500 pounds come on, ears selling it for 300 sumthing pounds:D, but how much mate for the cams and i hope they would help and thats what sam elasar said that the fse will make u lose power but i notice a snappier perfomance than before since i put it on.

thanks again all of u guys and thanks blade u a cool guy mate u always help us out

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moses, I meant the grommet restrictor which limits boost pressure, not the speed restrictor limiting mph!!

The cams will be cheap - say £100 the pair. Bargain mate. Actually sold the spoiler for 350 in the end, and 100 for the carbon bit - so £450 - almost the £500 I was asking for :D

Thanx for the kind words :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
grommet restrictor if i take that out mate what would it buddy and yeah if the cams help i will but them of ya but how much to fit them and what would they do mate, thats bad 350.00 u should have sold that to me, anything else for sale .

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Moses -

If you take the restrictor out, you will boost higher and get fuel cut - so don't do it on its own. Given the questions and (no offence) your limited knowledge, I REALLY suggest you get a tuner to help you out.

Fitting cams is expensive, around £350. If you do them yourself, then fitting E6 cams is worthwhile - if you are paying someone else, then you may as well buy some expensive HKS cams and fit those too! You will get more torque and power - the difference in duration and lift between E4 and E6 cams is about the same as E6 and HKS 272/264 cams, so it should be worth a few hp, probably 10 or 15 - at a guess.

I dunno mate, I get the feeling you should stop and thing carefully about what you want the final end result to be, and work to that - you will save alot of money in the long term.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moses

What about George at Outrun Scotland or Kenny Brown? Thought these guys were the dogs nads?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha ha they are mate but aint have enough money yet so i want proper advice from blade, coz the garages just want to make money so they would want to sell anything but i want to know what do i really need to change thats all mate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, surely the tuners are all there to help us, aren't they?

Nobody would be nieve enough to give a tuner loads of money and expect a good job, would they? :D

LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Moses,
In reality, it all depends on the car itself.
last year I went on a MLR RR shootout at tunning japanese, with then my bog std 4, with just a Ralliart back box only and supension.
the car made 308bhp!!, which was a lot better than some std 5/6's, then there were some std 6's pumping out 319bhp,
Sometimes it just depends on hoe the car came out of the factory.
If you want to mod your car it's going to burn a nasty hole in your wallet, trust me i've done it. But car is running SO sweetly:D:), definately need programable ecu though to get the magic 400bhp.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks tony lol, and by the way blade u know your history with respect u r pathetic haha u go weak in the knees when a woman sounds nice too u, u dont even look how much u spend lol, yeah i think it is u, your famous for phoning is it rc developments and the nice voice woman take your money of u haha, my God buddy it would have been cheaper getting a 500 bhp evo direct from japan less than what u must have spent on your car, but your car is the best looking one after than jun yellow 5, so im trying to make mines look like yours and by the way blade, those cams how much would they help my cars power.

thanks again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Moses

Blade's car might not have the power of the Jun car, but it is way better than it. The detailing inside, the suspension, brakes etc are soooo much better. If it had a flash paint job, then people would see it differently.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
without the do-ers
what would the talkers have to talk about ?
its easy for everyone starting now,there are proven specs that work.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts