Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy all, I've been giving my VI a bit of a revamp with a lot of help from Russ and Gav at Wallace Performance and after a fair old bit of work things are coming together nicely :D Hopefully by mid next week it'll be on the rollers for a 'quick run-in'.

As far as modifications go I've pretty much had everything done that I can think of without going race-spec as I'll be driving this thing on an almost daily basis.

The list of new bits is long...rods, pistons, turbo, uprated oil pump, fuel pump, injectors, turbo kit, coil-overs, strut bars, ignition amplifier, circle earth, cam shafts, vernier pulleys, springs, retainers, balancer shaft removed, ported, polished, balanced, airbox, headlights, ecu, intercooler, pipework, clutch, fly-wheel....etc. And now that I've sorted the insurance out with those nice fellas at Pace Ward ;) the only thing remaining is the final bits and pieces of engine bolt together and some fettling to make the intercooler fit and I'll be back on the road!

I'm not sure of final figures, but I'm hoping that 450bhp & 420ft/lbs won't be beyond reach :D

I've attached a couple of pics, not because I think you'll be that interested, but because I'm proud of the way things are turning out and I'd like to share...whether you like it or not! :p

Steven :D

Edited to add....I've got a ton of spare standard bits left over so if anyone's looking for something let me know and we'll see about a deal ! ;)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol Moses my friend...thanks for that I think! :crackup:

It's still got a lot of tidying up to do under the bonnet, but like the title says...it's nearly there! :p

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
just some minor mods then :D

i didnt notice a respray in there, only kiddin. sounds like a monster in the making. good luck

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ermmm... naw. No respray, I'm a devoted Reims man me (no really, I'd respray it in a heartbeat! lol :p )

Phil, perhaps I'll bump into you sometime at WP - seems we've been dancing about each other for months and still haven't been there at the same time!

Cheers guys ;)

Steven

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
g7owl said:

Phil, perhaps I'll bump into you sometime at WP - seems we've been dancing about each other for months and still haven't been there at the same time!

Steven
Yeh I know! i was there this morning, but nobody else was :blush: must be closed for bank holiday. Doh!

Cheers for the shot of your headlight BTW :coolsm:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Phil,

They were meant to be closed but Gav popped in about half twelve to do some paperwork (aye, read the paper, do the crossword! :p ). I was there about 1 ish, so we missed each other again! Don't know what time he left though.

No problem with the headlight bud, pleasure to help out - hope it did the business for you. ;)

Steven

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
g7owl said:
Phil,

They were meant to be closed but Gav popped in about half twelve to do some paperwork (aye, read the paper, do the crossword! :p ). I was there about 1 ish, so we missed each other again! Don't know what time he left though.

No problem with the headlight bud, pleasure to help out - hope it did the business for you. ;)

Steven
Yeh maybe one day we will meet

Headlight was fine :coolsm: except i needed to align it better, failed on a couple of other points though. Might keep car offroad though anyway and use as trackday car

Phil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts