Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today is a bad day for this evo owner....

driving along the road with a porche coming up rapidly behind me went to give him a shock i.e. hopefully leave him sittin or at least edge him out when f*ck... smoke p1ssin out the back of the evo and no power.... pulled over ....bonnet up.... dipstick out ....oil everywhere.....RAC man cometh... pressure test cylinders... no pressure in no.4 cylinder + no tip on spark plug......

my verdict holded a piston :cry:

tow truck came :help:

arrive at garage ..goes to let car off flat bed and lets it roll back into a big van :imwithst:

breaking both tail lights and dentin the tailgate :rucrazy:

think i need a drink tonight to numb the pain :blah:

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
jamsie_evo4 said:
today is a bad day for this evo owner....

driving along the road with a porche coming up rapidly behind me went to give him a shock i.e. hopefully leave him sittin or at least edge him out when f*ck... smoke p1ssin out the back of the evo and no power.... pulled over ....bonnet up.... dipstick out ....oil everywhere.....RAC man cometh... pressure test cylinders... no pressure in no.4 cylinder + no tip on spark plug......

my verdict holded a piston :cry:

tow truck came :help:

arrive at garage ..goes to let car off flat bed and lets it roll back into a big van :imwithst:

breaking both tail lights and dentin the tailgate :rucrazy:

think i need a drink tonight to numb the pain :blah:
so sorry bud sounds familiar i blew pistons in my evo 4 as well one time ,my prob was running too much boost,whats yours

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Ouch nasty one .

I was only down at Steve hill motorsport thursday talikng about the weakest link in the E4 engine and its deffo the pistons .

one reason i 'm not going to take my car above 300bhp unless i get forged internals .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts