Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at a very cold, wet and windy Knockhill yesterday on track with my EVO, was typical Knockhill weather but it didn't spoil my fun :D

Below are my only 2 videos of the day, I have a whole hours worth of tape recording the inside of the camera lens cap though :blush::wallbang::crackup:

I was using the Yokohama AD07's that came with my track wheels seeing as it was wet but they didn't seem to give as much grip as I'd hoped for, also think I'll put my new rear ARB to the soft setting next time it's wet as it seemed a bit skittish especially compared to Colin's (My mate with the other Black EVO I was with) car.

Well that's the excuses over with for my spin in the 1st video :blush::mhihi:

Also took a few snaps at the hair pin too but it was far too cold and wet to walk about taking any more.

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts

Whey!! the first pic of my new car on track :D...good vids and i was enjoying watching you and the other 4wd and rwd machines drifting around :D...i was glad i stayed on the tarmac compared to a lot of the front drive spinners!.. was impressed with my Hankook RS2's coping well in the changable condtions and my first outing at Knockhill :D

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At least you got a taster of the usual Knockhill weather too for your 1st outing :cry: With the pits being closed off due to the construction works and the weather it was a lot harder than normal to catch up with people, I'm sure we'll get some sun at some point this year :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
nice pics mate. Hopefully gona make it back out at knockhill soon.

Try out the new xp8sssssss :) :) :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I cleaned the EVO last night and my new Performance Friction .01 compound pads all round have ruined my allows :goingmad::cry:

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Well I cleaned the EVO last night and my new Performance Friction .01 compound pads all round have ruined my allows :goingmad::cry:
Sorry to hear that :( ...but you know what im going to say next ;)

...should of gone with Carbotech! :D

To be fair i didnt think the 01 was meant to be a wheel/paint killer, i know the .97 can be bad but presumed they had sorted it for the .01....seemingly not in your case :(

Ian

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
What a PITA :goingmad:

I had that problem with DS3000s on my IV, but not when I used them on my VIII :confused:

I wondered if it had something to do with which disc is used as well, since it's like bits of metal welding themselves to the wheel?

My XP10s dust (lots of it :rolleyes: ) just wipes off :)

Rog

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Always ran either DS2500 or DS3000 in the past on both the Focus RS & the EVO and never had any problems, yes they are dusty but never attacked the alloys like this.

The pads were brand new and on less than a week, funny you should mention the discs, I have 6 pot AP's on the front and the front wheels are more or less OK, standard discs on the back and it's the back wheels that are ruined.

Ian, my mate Colin who was also there i the other black EVO has Carbotech fitted and they have attacked his allows, we both have Enkie's (or how ever you spell it) fitted so wonder if they have particulary thin paint on them

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Ian, my mate Colin who was also there i the other black EVO has Carbotech fitted and they have attacked his allows, we both have Enkie's (or how ever you spell it) fitted so wonder if they have particulary thin paint on them
Thats is an odd one then, as Rog said our dust usually cleans off fairly easily :confused:, when you say attacked wheels do you mean its actually stuck on or just a bit stubborn to remove ?....after a wet day like that and some hot braking etc i would expect to possibly have to use wonder wheels or similalr to remove baked on dust, my Teg wheels are pretty grubby but not had chance to give them a proper clean yet, awful white wheels will be getting painted darker colour as soon as i get time :crackup:

If its discs that have been wearing then the dust should got orange quite quickly due to irn particles from discs etc.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All out of wonder wheels but usually use G101 to loosen the dirt before claeaning, will try wonder wheels and ask Colin if he has tried using that too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts