Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Simon - EVO V
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sold the X, bought a V from a member on here. The X was my daily, the V is a weekend car and I have bought a little shed for the commute and Tesco runs etc. There are a few bits I want to do to the V to get it to a solid standard, but mechanically it's pretty much A1. I thought I'd do this thread to track my progress.

Rough Spec:

Fresh engine build by Gart at APT
2.3 Stroker, Oliver Rods, Weisco Pistons, OEM 4G64 Crankshaft
BC272 cams
Apexi PFC
Apexi AVCR
A/C delete
TT s214b Turbo kit
502bhp 480lb/ft

Tein coilovers
Evo X wheels
AD08 tires
Ross Sport discs with XP8 pads
Russ Fellow exhaust system

Pics show current state

Plans and Shopping list:

OEM wind deflectors, ordered and will fit myself
Fire extinguisher in boot/rear seats as a precaution, ordered and will fit myself
Boost gauge install - ordered
New gear knob - ordered and will fit myself
Retrimmed steering wheel
Mud flaps - ordered and will fit myself
Decals
Full inspection and underseal
Change brake pads as they make a horrible squeeling noise which I just hate on the road

The car is going to Auto Torque in couple weeks where it will be fully inspected, and have some lubricants done, boost guage install, brake pads changed, geometry, fresh MOT

Then, it will go to my local body shop for a full underseal, and to have some decals added. I take my inspiration from another member on here Cardsharky, his V is very nice to my eyes and the colour scheme and decals are just right, so I'm copying him, I attach a pic of his car also. The body shop will apply the decals for me. I've also found the beginnings of bubble rust at the top of the windscreen where it's been carelessly replaced in the past, the windscreen is also poor condition, so while at the body shop it will be removed, the rust repaired which may involve a respray of the roof, then new windscreen installed.

Progress and Updates to follow.

Overall I love the car. The power is just insane, for me it's basically on the limit of what is "safe" to drive on the roads. The handling is like the car's on rails, it's not as comfortable a cabin as the X but it's a lot more fun and involving to drive. My only complaint is that it's pretty darn loud, and I'm 35 years old now, bit old for that kind of malarkey, but needs must.

So hopefully within 6 weeks it will be where I want it in terms of the spec and appearance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
I'm honoured sir.
Glad you like the look of my V, your more than welcome to copy my V's styling, must mean I've got it just right.
Your V looks like a keeper and with that power must be fun to drive.
Keep us all updated, and many more pics required.
Thx. Mark.
:blush::blush::blush:
:rockon:

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,267 Posts
Looks like you've picked up a lovely E5 :smthumbup... I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with this :smthumbup:coolsm:....

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
Really nice, the X wheels suit the earlier cars really well.

Jealous of the spec, bet its a monster to drive given how raw the standard cars feel.

·
Simon - EVO V
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really nice, the X wheels suit the earlier cars really well.

Jealous of the spec, bet its a monster to drive given how raw the standard cars feel.
Thanks bro, it's good to have that feedback.

Yes, the power is absurd, almost too much..

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Looks superb - love X wheels on any evo.

Need to chop that front plate down to smaller size though :smthumbup

·
Simon - EVO V
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
UPDATE

Well, I haven't updated this thread for a while, and here's why. The V went to Auto Torque for some bits and bobs, new MeisterR CRD's which handle very well compared to the horrible old Tein's on the road. I wanted them to MOT it, clean up the underside, inspect, and underseal. Well, they uncovered something rather sinister, a big chunk of rot on the offside within the prescribed 12 inches of the seatbelt anchor point. = MOT fail and one rather unhappy despondent Simon. PICTURE 1. This rust is right where the floor pan meets the sill. Somebody rather unscrupulous had covered it up with underseal.

So, I've been debating for a few weeks what to do. A reshell was suggested, and I looked at this, however it became clear to me quite quickly that the costs would spiral out of control. So, the car is now at a coachworks near to me who I know and has done excellent work for me in the past. He's cutting out the sill, fabricating a new one, and welding it in. When he started stripping down, the sill was actually brim full of water! Water has been getting in somewhere on that side, I suspect around the windscreen where it's been poorly replaced in the past. He's going to investigate and find out where it's getting in. He's also gonna have a proper inspection of the nearside sill etc, however I've had a good poke myself and it's pretty solid. I've been lucky in one sense, in that the floor pan wasn't too bad at all, so he's not had to cut any more than he wanted to. Pics attached of the current state of play.

Simon

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts