Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help my Turbo went Kaput at Oulton I was only on the warm up lap taking it nice and easy for me.
Looking at the Greddy 25G Kit but I need to do a lot of the internals as well like manifold etc etc
Is the diffrence so much?

I am also fitting a Cusco Twin Plate clutch, aditional Oil Cooler and new suspension.

This is being fiited to a 98 V am I mad or is it normal EVOITUS Docter?

My other problem is if I say yes to it all I will miss my baby for another 5 weeks!
No Trackdays Boo Hoo!!!!

I also need help on another car see post on 300ZX

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
u can get yours fixed mate and get it converted to a hybrid check out my old post a few weeks ago at lancer chat u will get the number

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
25g is a bit big without a stroker kit - too much lag which may take the fun out of the track days (especially at tracks like oulton).

You also need bigger injectors, fuel pump, fuellines, fuel rail etc to get the best out of it. Either get the standard one repaired (£300 exchange) or get a smaller turbo like the HKS 2835 which is really nice.

If you are not going for mental power, and keep the boost low with a not-too-big turbo, you shouldn't need new internals - remember bigger turbo, lower boost pressure, more efficient, more power. The 20g produces the same power at 1.3 bar that the standard turbo does at 1.8 bar!

The 20g kit is designed to run at 1.2 bar and give 400bhp on standard internals. The 28/35 HKS kit is similar

25g is too big mate, not unless you want to do all the other things.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Blade and amp; Moses

That is my quandary let RC do the full upgrade with a 25G and everything that Blade you are right I would need.
Or use a 20G but I am I believe that I would be limited to 400BHP but a lot cheaper.
I am also running round in a Pajero, and tonight I picked up a little MX5. I do miss my baby.

Still pondering if I don't make my mind up soon I will miss to many track days:)

Dale

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Dragon - you are not limited to 400bhp with a 20g - I have one, and am around the 450bhp mark, 2.1 bar midrange, 1.7 peak :D

I have uprated internals. The 20g is a good choice, as you can get benefit now - uprate internals, injectors etc. to get more later. I would still look at the HKS 28/35 - it is roller bearing, and better than the 20g. Both have low-lag, though the 2835 has LESS lag than the standard turbo.

The 25g is too big without a stroker. You also need a proper ECU with these to set fuel/boost/timing.

Where do you ultimately want to end up power-wise - and what kind of power delivery do you want?

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Blade

I have just called into RC Developments, Russell's as in the Warrender Stealth [email protected] is in having the same thing done with the 25G.
Clive says it is faster than there development car with the 25G and not using the stoker kit if that is so I want a trip out in it:)
The only thing I am unsure of is the space the fuel things take in the boot but they have been positioned where Russell wants them.

I am still in between going the full hog or trying to keep it as a family car.
I am running round in a White MX5 with red wheels my partners keep on looking for Big Ears as they call it the noddy carhttp://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

I am still missing my baby.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Dragon, when I spoke to Clive on Tuesday they hadn't finished Russell's car yet, let alone driven it. It certainly will be faster, and it is a great idea to try that car and see what it is like. The fuel thing is the fuel pump and filters, which they are mounting in the boot (using the same brackets I have, as i told Clive where to get them from :D). You don't need to have that - you can just fit a pump in the tank as normal. I fitted there because of my fuel cel.

Is Russell having a fuel cell too? He sounds as crazy as I am :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
go see the lads at ROGER CLARK MOTORSPORT they are now doing a kit for the EVO'S
stainless manifold gt garret turbo and all the fitting too . going to be cheaper and more reliable that the greddy kits out there . remember theses guys are real rally enginners and are not playing around and guessing at hp numbers . tel 01455 828610
WHEN THE FLAG DROPS THE BULLSHIT STOPS .

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
They may be cheaper, but more reliable? Greddy kits are extremely reliable. The turbo is made by mitsubishi, just like stock - and the pipe work and manifold are well made. Don't see how you can justify how Roger Clark's kit is more reliable.

And are there any EVOs with this kit? There are hundreds of EVOs with Greddy kits - and the fastest of all of them, the JUN car runs a Greddy kit (T67-25g).

Just trying to keep things in perspective :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
A side question Dragon....

How come both your car and Russell's cars have both blown turbos? Russell's car was new in December....

I know you both track alot, but that is all I do and I have never blown a turbo.... just curious as to how this happens. If you look after a turbo, cool it down properly, don't overspeed it and protect it from surge, this should never happen...

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
what happens when you need a greddy turbo fixing who does it here in the uk europe???????????? answers please . garret turbo can be fixed at just about every turbo recon outlet . this is fact .

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Dave, anyone can fix them - it is just a question of getting the parts. Norris can get them, RC can get them - so what is the issue? may take a little longer...

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Dragon,

What were the symptoms or signs that your turbo was gone?

I've just lost all boost yesterday, and while I haven't had the time to get it checked yet, one of the suspects has to be a blown turbine.

What would the typical symptoms for this be? As it is, the car idles and runs normally, except the boost gauge never goes positive, and there's an obvious lack of power. No unusual smoke from the exhaust either. Or unhealthy sounds for that matter.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
check your pipes one will have come off for sure . i know BLADE had the same problem . change your clips for heavy duty stainless units . rsvp regards EVO400 DAVE

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
blade asked SVS about spares and he told me that greddy will not supply parts. only full recon . that means a trip to japan and back at around £700 . not cheap BUT BUT . the GT GARRET unit costs around the same to recon so it is not that bad .

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
I think it depends on the supplier. Norris definitely can get service items for it as they have had turbos rebuilt in the past. Am sure you could get them from the US. Think I will get this confirmed as you have started to worry me !

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
don't worry BLADE if all else fails you could upgrade to the t88 unit hmmmmm about 800hp i think nice

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Guys for your comments.

My Turbo went with not much warning no smoke my V is a 98 car so it has done a few miles as in 30,000 ish.

I am still in between what to do I have just driven back from Birmingham in a MR2 Turbo with a 3SG plate on the engine anybody know anything about it?
Everything seems to be Blitz.
Good Fun:)

What if I stay with a smaller turbo what upgrades could I do without going the full hog with a 25G?

Dale

1 - 20 of 21 Posts