Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
....has been fixed :D

During the last few weeks I have had a strange metallic noise coming from the turbo area. :blah:

Fearing the worst I managed to scrounge some turbo parts from DaveG ;) and just in case I needed a new turbo I even bought a complete turbo from T27 ;)

Anyway, i'm just back from my garage, and the problem was found to be a knackered actuator :coolsm: .

What had happened, was that over time the spring must have lost its strength enabling the wastegate to rattle.

After the actuator was replaced the car felt so much better :) , and was boosting to 1.7 bar :eek: ( now turned back down to 1.3)

The actuactor was obviously getting worse over a long period of time, so was not noticeable.

I believe that this problem was the reason for my recent RR figures to be so bad :cry: after they were so good at G-Force the time before :)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Glad you've got it sorted Chris.

Since my bad results I too have found my boost leak - all I've got to do now is get a new throttle body :(

Think I may take a trip back to WRC just to see. - how much did they charge for the run?

Patt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts