Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Link removed. Server overload. My bandwidth for the month has been used up in 12 hrs !!!! :D

Check it out guys. How close was that !

It may take a little while to download...but worth the wait !!

Believe it or not I ended up over taking the guy in the Boxter on the same lap !!! :D

I have the full lap on tape, but couldn't convert the whole thing into an .mpeg as the file was getting stupidly large !!

·
Registered
743 Posts
didnt get any sound with it mate....

You were lucky to not clip that barrier.... bet your ass was twitching a bit ;)

Had my evo do that same thing to me one time.. the car got so out of shape, i had to give it opposite lock and the back of the car then swung round so fast it was impossible to control... I packed my pants :eek:

·
Registered
173 Posts
phew!!! I was holding my breath just watching the video of the spin!!! I can't imagine what was going through your mind at the time!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
You're one stubborn guy - overtaking the boxter on the outside on that bit - everyone spins on that bit :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: - huge respect for your courage to carry straight on and overtake the boxter - he must have pulled over let you straight past the second time :D

·
Registered
22,027 Posts
Holy Sh!t how did you not clip the barrier m8?? Would have been nice to get some sound aswell, top job, glad you don't need a new coat of paint :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
lol, a little aggressive, not exatly the best lines and a spin in 2 mins, well done ;)

How many laps have you done?

Dave

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
don't really understand why you couldn't control the first slide .. or is that the AYC cutting in?
just releasing the throttle a little and slight counter steer would have cured the situation, you would have stayed on the track and you would have been passed the Porsche..

Probably you have released the throttle completely which results the tail going the otherside very aggressively as the tyres suddenly have their full grip again.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Take is easy on me people !!!!

That was my second ever lap at the Ring !!!!

I do not know the track at all....and as far as taking the race lines...I think it takes at least 20 laps to be able to modulate your speed reasonably well....and ONLY then...can one start perfecting the brake points, turn in etc etc.

It was a simple a driver error. I lifted off mid corner, and over compensated the countersteer which sent the AYC into loop mode.....

By the time I tried to reapply the throttle, I was off boost !

Still learning the tricks of trackdays...so bear with me !!! :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
been there seen it spun at the same corner. Mine was a first lap on a particular weekend and I was in the wrong gear. Knew I was doing it when i got there, but by then it was too late. I missed the armco also.....

The important thing is that you learn from your mistake. Too fast too soon and a little too aggressive for someone who doesn't know the track.......

A lucky escape, dont let it put you off though, just make sure that next time you learn it before you nail it or maybe follwo someone who knows the lines.

Gary

www.northloop.co.uk

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Dont feel bad...it was my first time too but I was alittle less agressive. I only got loose once but it wasnt much.

·
Registered
89 Posts
lol - most people at least get to Adenau Forst before spinning.

Did I read you hade only done 4 laps and had spun twice? Thats an impressive record......... ;)

Take is easy on me people !!!!

That was my second ever lap at the Ring !!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
davyboy said:
lol - most people at least get to Adenau Forst before spinning.

Did I read you hade only done 4 laps and had spun twice? Thats an impressive record......... ;)
:crackup:

Cheeky sod !

I'll be back in Aug. I am on a mission maintain my 50% spin rate !!! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts