Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Evoland!
Go easy on me this is my first posting.
For the last 3 years I have been driving a BMW Z3M ,more of that later.It was time to change . Months ago I ordered a black Evo 7 rs2 Left hand drive.Why lhd?you may ask.I work in the Shetland islands and live in Sweden,Gothenburg.Working 2weeks on ,2 weeks off.Why Sweden?...Blondes of course! I am English.
I collected the 7 just over a week ago,suppled by Global performance/Ralliart,Dudley.
The following day I left Surrey for a 14 hour door to door drive to Sweden,approx 1000 miles.Sticking to 4000rpm was a very hard battle between brain and right foot!
Initial impressions....
Hard ride
Small range.even less than Z3M.
Seats sooooo comfy.even after 14 hours.
Standing water on motorway.....no problems.
People wondering, why is he driving so slowly.
Instant Image change.Hairdresser to Boyracer!
The following day I visited my local Mitz garage for the 7s 1st service.
In no time at all the word got around and the whole workforce came out to see a 7.
Apparently Mitz.Sweden have told its dealers they will not see a 7 until end of 2002 if at all!
So my Evo 7 is the first one in Scandinavia and lhd.
Service complete.Now for a proper drive!
No point in repeating what is said on the forum......you are all right !!
I have owned many high performance cars .Nothing comes close to this handling level..SUPERB!!!
Power is good and Ralliart did the restrictor valve trick but the top end is flat above 6000rpm. Mabe it will loosen up with more miles .only1500 so far.
Compared to the Z3M...
Handling BMW(1) EVO7(10)
Power .The Z3M had a chip and the airbox removed.It had more top end power all the way to 8000rpm
Of course in the wet you had to drive the Z3 at a snails pace or end up in a ditch!
MODS?
I have read a lot.So cat bypass pipe and HKS racing inducton kit have been ordered.
This should free up the top end.
Q?Will the intake get enough cold air(|EQU|power)Lots of it in Sweden!
Problems.
Now and then I hear a clunking noise from the front end.susp?springs?
The garage had a look .Nothing found ,everything tight .Any similar clunks Evo 7 owners?
Otherwise I am a very happy Evo owner!
PN
ps.Just fitted Pirelli snowsport tyres,law in Sweden during the winter months.Can not wait for the snow!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good to see you have joined the club and i must say a fine choice indeed, i have just passed the 8000 mile mark up till then it seemed to losen every time i got in it.
The de-cat and filter make quite a difference off the throttle, mid-range and top end and are worth every penny, as for the noise i had a clunck which came from the front passenger strut/shocker/caliper area once, i stopped to see if their was anything wrong but nothing and never heard it again.
Have fun.
J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My E7 has the same noise mainly from the front RHS. Especially on uneven/bumpy corners.
Told RalliArt UK Dudley to look into it at my first service but they couldn't find any faults?.
I still hear the noises so don't know what to do if RalliArt UK Dudley can't find a problem.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My E7 has the same noise mainly from the front RHS. Especially on uneven/bumpy corners.
Told RalliArt UK Dudley to look into it at my first service but they couldn't find any faults?.
I still hear the noises so don't know what to do if RalliArt UK Dudley can't find a problem.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had similar clunking noise on my 6, eventually had to get front diff replaced, but sadly sold it and just use LHD BMW Z3M Roadster now, which I prefer despite it being winter. Evo only does one thing well, Ie: going very fast, otherwise its not a special feeling car when stuck in traffic,or looking for SUL garages every 170 miles. Your right, the handling on Evos (10) versus BM(0) is about right, but every time the sun comes out, accelerate with fukll torque at 2000, or I want to sideways round a roundabout without having to go over 30 mph does it for me evey time. Unless it snows of course, then I stay indoors and watch the Dule evo VHS tape, and curse selling a 4wd car in the winter! happy 7ing
RogerRally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found out why my E7 is/was cluncking on most corners.
A bit silly really. The bonnet stand rattles where it pivots.
It clips in OK but too much play in the plastic part near the suspension top mount.

Not sure what to do to fix it but some insulating tape around the stand might help.

T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts