Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I finally downloaded the video editing software I've been meaning to get for a while, so I put together a small video from an old (not the best) clip of my mates 197 Clio.

Will be doing more of my friends other cars & obviously some of my Evo too.

I'm open to constructive criticism

·
Registered
524 Posts
It is a little dull, its just a video of a car with a nice exhaust driving up to a roundabout and back.

Make it more of a show perhaps a voice over explaining some things about car / exhaust stick the go pro to the car near the exhaust to really get the sound, some shots of the inside? is it just the exhaust that is interesting. Maybe a 360 shot around the car.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I like this one

From another forum I'm on, There aren't any words just the sounds of a lovely exhaust and a nice drive.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It is a little dull, its just a video of a car with a nice exhaust driving up to a roundabout and back.

Make it more of a show perhaps a voice over explaining some things about car / exhaust stick the go pro to the car near the exhaust to really get the sound, some shots of the inside? is it just the exhaust that is interesting. Maybe a 360 shot around the car.
Yeah thats what i'm planning on doing, to be honest this is a oldish bad clip which was the only thing i had worthy of putting into video.
Just wanted to familiarise myself with the software, Might go out and get some clips of the Evo later.

·
Registered
524 Posts
:) keep at it and show us the results.

·
Registered
36,183 Posts
It's probably best if you do a mixture of in-car and outer-car video and something a bit more interesting than a renault going round a roundabout.

You'll also struggle to get respect driving fast on the public roads and get hated by a fair few, especially on here.

Maybe take it to the track and get some raw footage in HD to edit? Here's a very simple one:

To capture an audience it needs to at least look fast. Doing a slow motion replay of something that looked slow in the first place made me want to switch off.

Hope that helps. Here's a few more of my amateur videos:

·
Registered
524 Posts
That first video, WOW what a quick Evo it was decimating everything on the track.

Reactions: Unobtainium

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quick one I did yesterday to experiment and just use the software again. Again will probably get criticised but it's fun making them.

Only issue is my DSLR doesn't make the best video camera.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Much better than the first one. Quite an enjoyable watch. You asked initially for feedback and that is what I gave it was more critiquing you, asking for advice then improving the finished product is how you get better.

Lovely car you have there.

Reactions: CrouchyM

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Much better than the first one. Quite an enjoyable watch. You asked initially for feedback and that is what I gave it was more critiquing you, asking for advice then improving the finished product is how you get better.

Lovely car you have there.
Thank you I appreciate it, yeah I know what I mean is I expect to be criticised because I'm such a novice but I'm glad I got feedback because as you say if helps improvement.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Looks like you're having lots of fun with it! :)

I only ever had chance to play with imovies once and this is what I hashed together one evening. Stole some of the footage but just cut bits together :

All film done on my iPad and photos on my iPhone, you can just see it gaffa taped to the back window in one of the shots.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah definitely, I use Final Cut Pro to do all the editing. Tricky to use but I'm getting the hang of it.

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
Not bad as a start I guess. I'd watch more examples of really well done videos to get a feel for what's required. I'd also get a second person filming too.

I was waiting for someone to picks the camera up and leg it :lol:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nice effort :) improving with each video

Reactions: CrouchyM

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New video. Polished the Evo and didn't realise how creamy it had gone. (Excuse the bumper it's getting done on the 27th)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts