Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a load of hassle trying to sort a mysterious problem last time round ( only been back on the road a month ). It has gone wrong again.

Driving up a hill, come to a roundabout and as i exit the car is shaking all through the gears. I did notice a bit of judder earlier in the day when i was pulling at low revs in 3rd but nothing major.

It revs fine in neutral and i had to coast my way home, only using the gears where necessary. It does seem to idle a little bit lower and is now a bit lumpy.

My thoughts are either the clutch or gearbox. Hoping its the clutch but I really have no idea.

Anyone experienced this? or no of a poss cause. Any advice appreciated
Cheers
Olly

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello mate
The problem is when i put it in gear and accelerate the whole car shakes. when it is in neutral it revs freely, although it does idle at a lower rpm and is a little bit shaky. Like it wants to cut out.
There is a bit of untoward feedback from the pedals when in gear too.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had the exact same problem on my Gti-6. Mine was a combination of two problems. Top engine mount had snapped away from the body plus i was getting bad clutch judder. Only way to solve was to do both.

I'd say check all your engine mounts if they seem fine then clutch judder is the probable cause. New clutch will solve. By the way dont be fooled, just cause the clutch hasn't slipped dosen't mean it cant be that. my clutch never slipped once in the time i had the car but still used to judder like mad.

Cant see it being the gearbox unless ur having trouble changing through gears.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Ive had a similar sounding problem twice......

One was a prop shaft, the rear joint had stripped itself and the propshaft was 'waggling' around freely causing EXTREME vibration.

2nd was a loose wheel.

good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi, sorry for steeling the thread a bit..

I have the same problem but when I accelerate my evo 1 rs isn`t accelerating, it goes really really slow and it feel like the car is gonna die... what can that be?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:blush: Sorted
It was an ht lead. Where it goes into the coil pack, it had slipped round the other way and was arching off the metal. Which is why I was getting the lumpy idle and shaking under load.
Quite a result really. Another problem sorted. Thanks for all help
Olly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts