Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a run in with a modded scoob tonight ,No I didn't loose :D but as I have previously said its that person who is nutty enough to take the risk and he was overtaking me on a round about that was only fit for one car .They don't like it up em these scoob drivers.
Any way went out earlier to have a stop watch blast with me car and I hit 5.64 seconds 0-60 .
the stop watch was held by myself and for some reason i had to get into 3rd gear to pull to 60Mph.when other reckoned 2 nd should do it.
Bit ####ed at this as the M3 does it in 4.7s so I read earlier.
Although my mid range is good .based on this what does any one feel the 0-100 is .
I will try this another day ,and do a 100 to standstill as well.

I'm just toooo slow !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Paul,

Your car isn't that slow mate, and its defo quicker to boost up than mine, although once I come on boost I do gain quite quickly. When I did my 0-60 run I held it 2nd gear all the way until the time flashed up, I know hit the limiter because I've seen it on video (my friend recorded it), however I have had the car up to 8000rpm in third and I didn't hit the limiter yet so I don't know how high it is !!!

Yours is pushing out 290 bhp (according to that rr day) and your car is about 70kg heavier than a Scooby. Come to Santa Pod next week and we can work out your 0-60/0-100 times from the results you get on the strip.

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shorty,

Gut feel says that a 5.64 0-60 should mean a 13.5-14.0 sec 0-100mph.

Just out of interest, how are you getting such accuracy with a handheld stopwatch and a (probably innacurate) car speedo? Are you stopping the stopwatch when your speedo hits 60mph ... if so you're likely to be timing 0-58 or thereabouts. If you know your true overall gearing (mph/1000rpm) try using the rev. counter as it's usually much more accurate than the speedo.

Launch method and lots of practice will make a huge difference to your 0-60mph time. If you let a roadtester from Autocar drive your car, for example, you'd probably see a time closer to 5 secs or less.

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ian ,

I was just seeing if I could get a reasonable figure.
Basically stop watch click as soon as i let clutch out and moving ,yep watched the speedo for hitting 60 .
I know my car in top is 82mph @4000 rpm and 140mph spot on @7000rpm this is my cut out point although rev will hit 7500 through 3rd and 4 th gear
I have had a quarter mile [email protected]
But basically I get curious once in a while .
Simon
I will be at santa pod next week ,as long as its not raining ,but will travel in the wet just incase it brightens up i will see you there .would like to sit passenger for a run in your car if thats allowed.
trying to get some avgas ,and will time my car with the gromet in and out.
Claudius .
I know your Evo is slower than mine,reckon we could get a deal on 2 M3s ,and I will fund the hair salon if you make the coffee and supply the biscuits.
AHH just love those custard creams .Post those picies again of you in drag!! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shorty,

Not sure if you've got a GSR or RS.

If it's a GSR then you should be able to hit around 65mph in 2nd gear. If it's an RS you should still manage around 61mph (I might be wrong about this one as I'm not 100% sure about the gear ratios and final drive). Is it possible your speedo is underreading due to non-standard wheels/tyres?

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ian ,

Its a Gsr and I still have standard 16 oz ,I guess reaction time with the stop watch could account for .5 of a second .
I reckon the car is closer to 5 seconds than 6 seconds.
Suprising what one will do after a boring day at work on a saturday:)
Any way looking forward to santa pod on sunday to get some more figures .If they come out similar times as I achieved at york race way ,then I will take it as gospel that the E4 in very near standard format will achieve the figure that I can get to.
I realy want to see The E6 quarter mile .I know the E5 is virtually the same as my E4 with minor mods ,ie Exhaust and filter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Evo 5 GSR with a slipping clutch and a boot load of stock
ran a 13.89 qtr mile with a terminal of 100.2mph , this
was with the following mods :

1.1kg/cm boost, Blitz DSBC boost cont, HKS Hyper exhaust,
Coord de-cat, magnex front pipe, HKS intercooler, HKS FCD,
fuel pump, HKS iridium plugs. Key thing here is the low boost
of 1.1 which isnt much higher than stock.

So there you have it, 0-100 pretty much bang on 14seconds.

Justin Foden

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Rev Limiter on my IV GSR seems to come in at EXACTLY 60mph on the speedo. Understandably, this is going to severely pizz me off when I try to do some 0-60 sprints. Is it safe to raise the rev limiter by 500rpm?

I've done some practice for take-offs, but haven't timed them yet. I'll let you know when the weather stops acting the arse!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shorty

Let's do that. You get droid's M3, it's a good deal, not been used hard, I buy my friend Gerald's and off we slide after work. But remember French coffee is a lot stronger! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shorty,

Is at an Evo4 you've got or an Evo6. If it's the 4 then Grog is almost exactly right ... the max. you'll do in 2nd is around 61mph.

4000rpm in 5th should be around 83.5mph and 7000rpm in 5th should be about 146mph. It looks like your speedo is indeed underreading a little so you're pretty safe to assume that 60mph is when you bounce off the limiter in 2nd.

I've heard good things about the AP22 performance meter (Blade has one and so does a good friend of mine who owns a Caterham) so if you really want to practice for Santa Pod, this is the thing to get. Suggest sidestepping the clutch at a fair few revs (5000-6000?) and you'll get the best launch.

Claudius,

You'll have to try harder than that :)

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have had the speedo calibrated to Mph ,and most other Evo's are faster than mine top end ,as I have felt my car E4 gsr has been restricted a little but 140mph at 7000rpm although it and does get their quite quickly from a standsill.
I was also wondering if that could be altered with a MUT11 I have had a new speedo housing unit on the gearbox when I had it sorted and stiil reads the same .
Claudius ,I have just had my hair cut ready for a convertable,got myself a hawian shirt and a pair of chino's,snake skin shoes .[Hope I havn't described any one you know]just got to get a tan ,reckon a bottle of worcester sauce and an electric fire might sort that one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CK
I'm all fake tan and sandels find the foot straps of my sandels get caught around the clutch pedal ,thats why I am soooo slow.I holiday in northern france where the weather is a shite as England.Well call it a holiday its just a week end shoppong in carrefour.
I bet you had a drinks cabinet in the M3 ,chilling the pina colada ?
I have heard about you French boys:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, BMW Individual did it for me, just like they did for droid. Except he got the automatic drink po out function and a green light inside. Green light to go with the foot area lighting. Looks really cool with the black colour, especially when he switches on the green under car lights night time!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Claudius,

Much too tame for me mate. Think neon-green crocodile skin cover on the seats, medallion hanging from the rear-view mirror and PINK undercar lighting. Now we're talking. Max Power are sending over a photographer next week.

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But are Max Power sending one of their fine young ladies to moisten your passenger seat????

Shite magazine, but I must admit to be tempted to shove my car in there just to get one of those scantily clad girls in there!

Not sure the wife would be too pleased though!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
But are Max Power sending one of their fine young ladies to moisten your passenger seat????

[As Droid returns from a cold shower ...]

Yes ... apparently it's a little-known way of keeping the leather clean and shiny ;)

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My leather sofas get the same treatment now and then ,but a little uglier bird than the Max power girlies.
Perhaps I should invest in one leather front seat in the Evo .I hate it when ya balls stick to it though:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts