Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
who0o0p.. Nice one..

I was in 'Performance Ford' in Jan.. And the jap cars got slated! :) The heading went something like JAP CRAP

(not very professional?)

Who care's, Fords are getting on! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blade

Saw the feature, car looks really impressive - gave Power Engineering a ring but unfortunatley they are not interested in helping us at all.

Never mind, found someone who is! Win some, lose some.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can someone tell me who publishes banzai, so i can get it ordered from my local agent....

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Graet article, Blade, although I am not sure that I want to admit to buying Banzai ;) Except for when it features Evos, it is a little too like Max Power for Jap cars, but without the t##s! Did they insist on the helmet and dark glasses for the owners portrait (they let Ed take his off) :D

As for Performance Ford , what do you expect. Just remember, we are not allowed to swear on this forum and Ford is a 4 letter word!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep a good article on a great car :D
Did you think the 492bhp Evo IV on the second page after your article was throwing down the gaunlet though ;)

Lee have a look at http://www.banzaimagazine.com , I assume they will have all the details you need (I can't say I have looked though)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HH6 :D I am past guantlets now! There are too many other EVOs being produced that have silly power. THorak, EVOboy, RoyBoy, Norris Designs - all have silly EVOs.

I am sticking to the philosophy behind why I tuned it in the first place (which started long before I found this forum) - and that was to make it one of the best track cars around, purely for my pleasure! Whatever power outputs people come up with, not many people will go down the route I did, with the level and attention to detail - mostly because it costs alot of dosh to do so! Car looks quite different to the mags now - trying to make it look different.

I have been tuning the car in anger for a year now, and really just want it finished so I can enjoy it more. I was looking at the mag and couldn't believe how much had changed already! Bear in mind the article was written in November - already the external appearance is very different, lots of engine mods, and half the suspension has changed! Not to mention new brake ducts etc. Bloody hell.... It will all end soon - new house is on the horizon :( At least I will have a garage to store the car in :D

Simon - absolutely. Was disappointed at the lack of mammaries :D Buggers never sent me a free copy either! Looked everywhere - couldn't find it. Eventually found it in my local newsagent - couldn't believe it - WH smith didn't have it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chunky, yeh I do - well, I think I do! There really isn't much that I could do after this. Obviously fitting telemetry, track mapping etc. is of interest. Suspension wise, it is done, as are brakes. Fuelling and engine is nearly done (don't want to go 2.2 if I can help it). May modify the turbo a bit later, and a bit of exhaust tweaking. Body work is done, though an aerofoil and new boot/bonnet are still possibilities.

What else is there that can be done?? Apart from drive it of course!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chunky - if I keep telling myself that, I will believe it :D

If not, my wife will make me believe it with the new house and mortgage :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blade,

I've been looking for a copy for a couple of days now. Can't find one.

Which is your local paper shop? It's probably fairly local to me too :)

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Leelegend,

you can set up a subscription to Banzai and have it delivered to your door by calling the following number:

01732 748 084

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blade,

Just received my copy of Banzai in the post today.

Your car it totaly awesome. Much respect.

Look forward to seeing the car in the flesh.

Good luck with acheiving your goal of 500bhp.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys. Just bought the magazine - in Hong Kong - can't believe it! First time I've ever seen it. Downside is it cost be £8.

Concur with the comments on blades car! :D

Jerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What a sad, sad showoff.... putting your car into Banzai magazine, how low can you go.... not enough self-esteem??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Torabora

I am not sure who you are although I have suspicions. Your comments are both unwelcomed and ill informed. Blade didn't even know who Banzai was when they photoed his car as can be verified by checking for the post where he asked! I believe it is good for the MLR to get cars in ALL publications, although I am not volunteering for Max Power ;)

What I am more concerned by, as a moderator, is that of your 6 posts to date, 4 have attacked Blade and the other 2 have been what can only be called stirring. We do not need that on the forum. While there is nothing wrong with a little bit of stirring, it is usual to make worthwhile contributions as well. I look forward to your first meaningful contribution.

Regards

Simon Nelson
31/01/02

1 - 20 of 26 Posts