Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Here's an update on my brake judder problem.

Had new discs and pads fitted 5000 miles ago. Juddering started about 800-900 miles ago.

Went to visit my 'independant' mechanic today and he whipped the wheels off and measured the discs and hubs. The hubs where out by .30mm

I have now sent an email to the 'Red Zebra Warranty' asking if they can be replaced under warranty (faulty hubs, not wear and amp; tear). I will also be asking them to replace the discs/pads aswell.

Should here back tomorrow from them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
with new hubs and discs and pads you have judder in about 4000 miles again and again and again
they should give you the money it costs and then buy ap 6 pots

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to my local dealer today, and they told me that I would need my discs skimming. I explained to them that the hubs were out and that skimming my discs would serve no purpose at all. They then said buy new ones.

I told them that this should be covered under warranty - They said it is not.

I know that other manufacturers would cover this.

Where do I stand now ? What shall I do.....shitty letter to Mitsubishi (CCC) ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same problems. First they didn't want to exchange anything but when I told them to bring the car back and writing a letter to the MD they were suddenly able to exchange the hubs and bearings. Mind, this is in Switzerland. But insist on it! .
As André said you'll have the same problem again and again. The final solution (not considering the AP 6 pot kit) hasn't been found yet but maybe soon. I'll keep you posted.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can not help you at all on this i have NO warrenty in holland nothing

the evo has a big problem

the discs are a bad quality
the wheel bearings are to small

on the 7 they have changed the wheel bearings to bigger ones so maybe here s a solution we have to wait till the first 7 has warped discs

it s not always the fault of the discs it s combination if youre bearings are **** the discs are going to warp too if you discs are warping you bearing go to shite

so if you put new discs on go for new bearings also

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, one question.

Does the Evo 4 and amp; 5 have warping problems, or is it exclusive to the 6. If so, can't I just order up some Evo 5 hubs and get them fitted ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
claudius have you been to a track day with that speaker wagon of yours

i am curius if you can spend a day on a track and get dark brown calipers and get NO warped standard discs.

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andre

Sure my rolling discotheque could make it to a track, but I havent been there yet. Want to, though. Once I have my fuel cuts sorted. I never said I could not warp the discs, let's see. Maybe I'll warp them on the road before. Dont forget we have some fantastic special rallye stages down here (downhill!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anarchist i wish it was so easy but comming on to a corner with over 200 km s an hours you hope youre brakes will work otherwise you go home in a box

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update:

Had 2 new Hubs fitted this week. When the old ones came off, they were distorted by .3mm. The drivers side hub also had seized bearings.

Then went and had my wheels re-balanced.

Judder is better. But the discs are still warped.

New ones to be fitted on Monday PM. I will then keep a log to see how I get on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.