1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something a little different

20160213_110752.jpg

20160213_110923.jpg

I purchased this a couple of years ago now. Out the box these things are nothing special performance wise but are comfortable and refined.

I did the stage one mods which is and induction kit, miltek cat back which took it to around 260bhp, again nothing special but really did make a difference.

After a couple of weeks I started with a slight misfire, anyway to cut to the chase this happend...

20150725_090032.jpg

So I decided to go all out on an engine build spec is as follows...

GT3582R 7+7 0.83 garret hotside zirotec coated
Ported AGU head
Badger 5 cams
Supertech valves, springs and retainers
SEM intake manifold
Badger 5 1.5" vband tubular manifold zirotec coated
Badger 5 custom down pipe
Badger 5 3 inch stainless custom exhaust
Cp pistons 82.5 bore 9:1 compression
IE rifle drilled rods
2.0 tfsi crank
ID1000 injectors
IE fuel rail
Garret intercooler core with AH fab end tanks.
AEM WMI
RS4 maf
Brembo 4 pots with XP8 pads
HPA Haldex controller
Quaife Diff
Strengthened gearbox

All work carried out by Badger 5 in Stonehouse house Gloucester.

I will add more pictures, graphs and some videos as I get them. Hope be back running middle of January.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Nice, I bet that thing shifts. When it gets going that is...

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I've always wanted to build something like this. I toyed with the idea of using the b5 s4 as the platform and going for big power. Then I got my evo 5 for that and didn't end up pushing it, I'm a wimp.

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
That's a small car to be running a gt35r, I assume it's in the 500's as your injectors and lack of other info means it won't be in the 600's. How does that handle with that power and how bad is the torque steer?
You do come across bitter sometimes :wallbang:

Read the first post again...

Back on topic, OP: looks a lovely example and great spec. With that quaife and controller I bet it handles well compared to OE.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Back on topic, OP: looks a lovely example and great spec. With that quaife and controller I bet it handles well compared to OE.
I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road and it should handle well with the upgrades.

I will come along to the next MLR RR day see how figures compare. I'm not hung up on figures it makes what it makes at the end of the day :smthumbup

·
Registered
130 Posts

This was mine lasted 10 mins at 350bhp then my gaurage blew it up, loved it but mine was cursed for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had a run on a different dyno to see what the torque figure is as my tuner says his dyno always under reads :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts