Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car dynoed today, you can see the mods in the signature. I think this dyno might be very different from the ones you guys are used to, this is a system which use four individual dynamometers that you put on each hub after removing the wheels. Here's some information on the system they use:

http://www.rototest.com/index.php?DN=28

I had my car ran there when it was 100% stock three years ago and I then got these numbers: (at the hubs)

269hp @ 6500rpms
359Nm @ 3500rpms

Today I got these numbers:

367hp @ 7000rpms
454Nm @ 5000rpms

All the measurements were made using a static method braking the engine in 500rpm intervals for three seconds. We also made a sweep measurement between 2000-7500rpms but I don't have the results from that run yet.

They dyno crew though that the torque was dropping of a bit too much, don't know if it's the turbo that is the limiting factor or something else?

They said to calculate 12% transmission loss, if I count 367/0,88 I get 417hp in the engine, don't know if that is a good estimate?

Any comments?

BTW, I have the .82 a/r turbine housing.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
the turbo needs more boost . that compressor wheel has a comp map that allows 2.4 bar you need to use it to get the best from this compressor wheel . nice dyno !!! can yopu find out how much that system would be for me please .

dave

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
evo400 said:
the turbo needs more boost . that compressor wheel has a comp map that allows 2.4 bar you need to use it to get the best from this compressor wheel . nice dyno !!! can yopu find out how much that system would be for me please .

dave
Well, my MAP sensor only handles 2 bar (3 bar absolute) so I need to change that, also my 780cc injectors were at 85% so I'll need to change them as well. Question is if I'll be needing race gas to push that kind of boost?

I can check for you, I know they are expensive from what I've hard but they claim to be the most accurate dynos available today. You need to specify what kind of power range you are looking for. A VPA-R83 4WD system copes with 920kW for two of the units and 309kW for the other units, this gives a system that could handle 920kW 2WD and 618kW 4WD. You could combine these units in a lot of variations as you can see here:

http://www.rototest.com/index.php?DN=19&two=8&four=3&Menu=20

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spyke said:
With to 269 hp what mods did you have then?

thanks
sven
evovii_swe said:

I had my car ran there when it was 100% stock three years ago and I then got these numbers: (at the hubs)

269hp @ 6500rpms
359Nm @ 3500rpms
100% stock as in no modifications at all ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts